Yoga--looking for suggestions

Options
Hi, I am doing quite a bit of cardio and weights but have dropped off on yoga. Mainly because I can't get to the classes at the club I belong to. So I am looking for some suggestions of DVD's or something I can download to follow at home. A stretching, light strengthening yoga not a cardio yoga.

Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    :smile: If you have the ONE network.. Padma yoga is good..I PVR it
  • Jacqmomof3
    Jacqmomof3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    :smile: If you have the ONE network.. Padma yoga is good..I PVR it

Hmmm, just found it on my tv, but we haven't paid for that station. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • claston77
    claston77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Yoga for Dummies (if you're not easily offended lol) is a good one and available on YouTube. Rodney Yes has some good stuff as well.
  • Jacqmomof3
    Options
    The Yoga for Dummies (if you're not easily offended lol) is a good one and available on YouTube. Rodney Yes has some good stuff as well.

Thanks, no not easily offended. Trying to find something I can follow on my Mac so I can practice in my room (have good mirrors there).
  • kathuggs
    kathuggs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    www.doyogawithme.com has a bunch of free videos!
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I think it's Rodney Yee, if we are thinking of the same person. He is good, they sell his videos at Barnes and Noble and I think possibly walmart too...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I just got Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I like it. I can't do the whole sequence yet, but I know I'll get there. Someone told me part of it is on U-Tube fore freeeeeeee... so check it out.

I need to check out Yoga for dummies.
  • Jacqmomof3
    Options

Thanks, found the site, looks good. I am planning on doing the Yoga for runners. I am so tight in my lower body. Will look at You Tube for the others tomorrow. :smile:
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I can't always afford to go to Yoga classes, so a nice library of at-home resources is great. I have struggled to find good DVD's or online instruction that I like....this list is looking hopeful though!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    doyogawithme.com

youll like it, trust me.
  • LovelyLayla76
    LovelyLayla76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Yogaglo.com. I think it's about $15-$18 a month...there is a free trial period. Huge selection of online classes....feels like you're in the actual class.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Thanks, found the site, looks good. I am planning on doing the Yoga for runners. I am so tight in my lower body. Will look at You Tube for the others tomorrow. :smile:

These look good, I'm going to try the Yoga for Runners tomorrow too.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazon instant video has several available for free streaming to Prime members.
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Great suggestions. Gotta love free yoga!
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    bump for yoga class reference