Peanut Butter

I have a Nut allergy and I was wondering are there any good peanut butter alternatives? I was thinking about trying Biscoff tonight. And I wanted to get people's opinions regarding the use of Peanut Butter or Biscoff in a Diet or just a part of basic nutrition. Is Biscoff a good sub or are there any other foods I could eat that will give me the same benefits as peanut butter? Really curious. I look forward to reading your responses.

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Are you able to have almonds? you can get almond butter
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    I love peanut butter but had a friend suggest I try Tahini as well. It's made from sesame seeds and while not as tasty as PB (in my opinion) it still went pretty well on toast and stuff.

Here's a bit of info I stole from a website:

"Like peanut butter, sesame seeds are filled with omega-6 fatty acids, and not so much omega-3. Benefits: Sesame seeds are a great source of nutrients including calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin B1, and fiber. Plus research suggests the seeds can lower cholesterol levels and help prevent cancer and heart disease."

Might be worth checking out.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Are you able to have almonds? you can get almond butter

Yeah I'm allergic unfortunately.
  • intheflowers
    intheflowers Posts: 24 Member
    lol biscoff spread is just ground up cookies and oil. no comparison to a nut/seed/legume (peanut) butter. try almond butter, sunflower seed butter, macadamian butter, tahini, etc.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    I make my own nut butters. I love almond and I am going to make cashew this week. I toast the nuts for about 15 minutes, add safflower oil to a consistency I like in my food processor. Way cheaper than buying it pre made at the store. Good luck!!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Almond and Cashew Butters are great!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    No nut allergies here. I love nuts. The saltier the better...MMMMM nuts.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Sounds like all nurs are a problem. How about seeds? I see someone else mentioned tahini, but that does have a strong bitter edge.

How about pumpkin-seed butter? very nutritious and would give you that same kind of use.

In fact, now that I've found it, I think I'll buy me some.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Sounds like all nurs are a problem. How about seeds? I see someone else mentioned tahini, but that does have a strong bitter edge.

How about pumpkin-seed butter? very nutritious and would give you that same kind of use.

I can eat seeds, Ill have to give tahini a try.
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    There is a product called Sunbutter. Its made from sunflower seeds. Just like Peanut butter but tastes like sunflowers.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member

I can eat seeds, Ill have to give tahini a try.

Tahini is great,you don't have to use much and has a nice flavor,I am doing a gluten free thing so eat it on rice tortillas YUMMY!