Best salad I've ever made!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
So... lately I've been wanting to try goat & feta cheese and everytime I go out and have a salad, I realize that I should be eating more of them, so I concocted this today. I was going to put almonds or sunflower seeds in but forgot to bring my sunflower seeds to work and my Kroger didn't have the almonds I wanted, so I ended up with pistachios. And instead of blackberries, blueberries were on sale, so:

2 cups romaine lettuce
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup organic fresh blueberries
10-15 pistachios
homemade honey mustard - 1 tbsp each of honey & mustard, then thinned it out with a tiny bit of water.

SO tasty. Like...the only way I can explain it is the saltiness from the cheese and mistachios, mixed with the sweetness of the honey mustard & blueberries. It was just phenomenal. So good.

Replies

• Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump: I'll try this one later. sounds delish
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    hmmmm......this sounds like a mixture I might just have to try. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    That sounds delish Arielle! I love fruit, seeds and cheese in my salads!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    That sounds delish Arielle! I love fruit, seeds and cheese in my salads!

I know! No offense to anyone else, but I used to be one of those boring people who just liked certain things in salads: tomatoes, cheese, croutons, maybe some bacon bits, possibly broccoli, take out the radish and carrots. Now I'm realizing... fruit can go great in salad as long as the dressing is also sweet (at least that's how I like it). The first fruit I tried in a salad was mandarin oranges and then one day, my mom made a salad with strawberry and I was skeptical but as soon as I took a bite, hooked.

Y'all, seriously, try this salad!!! I may bring some of my green onions from home tomorrow to chop into it just to get some of my veggies in. I'm doing great on fruit but not so much on veggies. Oops!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad.... yummy yummy (Having a Wiggles flashback)
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Sounds so good! I might have to give that a try too!
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    yummmm!!!!! i LOVE tyhe combo of wensleydale cheese and sweet carrot chutney, but you can only get it on the train menu! ive searched everywhere for carrot chutney! sweet n cheese goes gooood
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    I swear I can not have a salad without feta and mango, I put that red onions, avacado, red peppers and a spring mix. Sprinkle with a little Black Cherry Balsamic vinegar and you want to eat the whole bowl. Someone else told me pineapple pieces.
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    I swear I can not have a salad without feta and mango, I put that red onions, avacado, red peppers and a spring mix. Sprinkle with a little Black Cherry Balsamic vinegar and you want to eat the whole bowl. Someone else told me pineapple pieces.

I just saw one of the health/food bloggers I follow put diced avocado in a salad in a recent entry and I thought, I have GOT to try that!!!! It's a great way to get some of your veggie & fruit portions out of the way all at once!!