Lost It, Gained it Back, Welcome Back to MFP

Options
Hi my names Robin I am 25 looking for a bunch of new friends to help motivate me and I them. ADD ME! I had lost 60lbs a couple years ago and than gained it all back. I lost it using MFP the first time and now I am back again to drop it again and more.

Replies

• ace0806
    ace0806 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin,
    I just joined. I too lost 60 lbs ( 10 years ago using Weight Watchers) and then gained it all back plus some. I'm ready to take this weight off.
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We can help motivate each other! I am ready to get back on the horse! If i dont they wont let me go on the rides at the waterpark. For the kids!
  • mhanley1961
    Options
    I am in the same spot. Lost 75 pounds in 2008, and gained 25 back before waking up. Trying to get it off
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    Well lets get motivated together!
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Feel free to add me.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! Welcome back!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know how you feel...I didn't gain it all back but I have put on almost 20 lbs. of what I had lost. Quitting smoking was my reason for the weight gain...I've been using this site for 2 yrs. now and trying hard to reach my goal weight! We can keep each other motivated to lose. :happy:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sending you an add request! I used MFP once before, just had a baby a few months ago and I'm back again! :0)
  • Renaynay833
    Renaynay833 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I understand four years ago I lost almost 100lbs...I am back to what I weighed before :(
  • CarolsLife66
    CarolsLife66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am on here every day, and have 70 lbs to lose. I am 46.
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome back~!

I'm looking to lose that amount.. and maybe more when I get to that point!
    I'm on daily, I'll send you a request^_^
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    PLease add me. I am 55 years old and lost 47 pounds in 2011but gained much of it back. I am going on a cruise in May and am really trying to lose as much as I can with before we leave. The rollercoaster ride continues. I have been doing great over the past week and am staying motivated. I'm not much for exercising but am doing this by eating below my BMR. If you support me I will support you. . I am a loyal friend. Everybody have a great Sunday night!! Sue
  • go_iris
    go_iris Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!! i log in everyday, support friends, and post my food and exercise. i am always looking for more support so please add me! im 23 and ave about 80lbs to lose. lets do this together!! #MarchMadness !!
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    I will add as many people as want to be added. I use Mfp like facebook to always stay in the weight loss zone of thought. Helps maintain direction.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It is my first time really trying to loose weight. How did you guys gain it back? That is a bit worrisome, since you obviously know what and how much you could eat (otherwise you could not have lost it in the first place).
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I had lost 30ish pounds about 5 years ago and kept it off about a year, then have gained it back PLUS 30 since then and I'm now 5 lbs down from my highest weight.

Adding you and anyone else feel free to request!
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin and everyone else,

I joined MFP today, but am not new to the loss/gain cycle. I'm not sure how all of this works yet, but would like to have some fitness pals, so I'll try to add anyone who is interested!

In the past, I've lost weight by just adjusting my food intake based on my knowledge of healthy eating and exercised regularly. I'm excited to give this tool a try though. My last big loss was about 70 lbs over 2009-2010, but I gained back a lot of it and need to lose about 50 lbs or a little more. I seem to have two mindsets, one is to eat anything I want with little regard for what it's doing to me, and in the other, I have much more control and find it pretty easy to eat well and exercise. I would really like to stop the ups and down and master maintenance once I'm down again!

Susan
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    Hi Robin and everyone else,

I joined MFP today, but am not new to the loss/gain cycle. I'm not sure how all of this works yet, but would like to have some fitness pals, so I'll try to add anyone who is interested!

In the past, I've lost weight by just adjusting my food intake based on my knowledge of healthy eating and exercised regularly. I'm excited to give this tool a try though. My last big loss was about 70 lbs over 2009-2010, but I gained back a lot of it and need to lose about 50 lbs or a little more. I seem to have two mindsets, one is to eat anything I want with little regard for what it's doing to me, and in the other, I have much more control and find it pretty easy to eat well and exercise. I would really like to stop the ups and down and master maintenance once I'm down again!

Susan

I have major issues with ups and downs too. This website is awesome because you can log your food or just scan the bar code on your phone. Plus when you log exercise it recalculates your permited calories. If you want any help send me a message.
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    It is my first time really trying to loose weight. How did you guys gain it back? That is a bit worrisome, since you obviously know what and how much you could eat (otherwise you could not have lost it in the first place).

You gain it back by giving up, getting lazy, resorting back to bad habits in seek of comfort. Weight loss for me has not ever been easy because I in particular am a comfort eater. When I am sad, lonely, or bored I eat. Breaking a life long habit like that aint easy. Though if you are properly motivated and educated is possible.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Hi my names Robin I am 25 looking for a bunch of new friends to help motivate me and I them. ADD ME! I had lost 60lbs a couple years ago and than gained it all back. I lost it using MFP the first time and now I am back again to drop it again and more.
    So how did you lose it and why do you think led to you gaining the weight back? Were you on a diet program? Did you exercise to help lose then quit all together? What other influences led this to happening?

I ask because you could do the same again, but still not have the problem identified.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition