Exercise clothes in Australia

Options
Where do you buy your clothes?

Whether it's Kmart or Lorna Jane, no judgement, just curious.

Replies

• jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have recently got some great stuff from Big W.. And Cotton On Body had some nice pants.....
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of stuff from the Lululemon outlet in Melbourne. Also Rebel Sport now and then.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I went to LJ on my lunch break and hated the prices!!
    Went to Cotton On Body, but was running out of time and just got a pair of shorts but definitely want to try on some of those pants!

I might have to browse a bit more, I like rebel sport, sometimes, maybe just buy sale items :p
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to win a Lorna Jane outfit and omg they are so comftorable! But I won't pay that much for exercise clothes. I generally go Kmart and Big W. I have a pair of running shorts from Big W that I adore and they are so comfy. I've looked at Cotton On Body BR even their clothes are on the procy side for me. $20 for trackers just a tad too much for workout clothes.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!

I tried on their skort today and was in between sizes and it was $75 so I could NOT get it, so I didn't even bother trying the leggings or pants on. $50 for a thin material shirt is also way too much IMO.

I'd be happy with $20 and I'm happy to pay that bit more if I look good in them that makes me feel more comfortable (as well as actually comfortable)!

I might swing by Big W on the way home :p
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    Target :)
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Best and Less... :laugh:

I live in a small town...and there's NOTHING! I often eBay it, but it's really hard buying workout clothes without trying them on. I really struggle. And I've never heard of Lorna Jane.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    My latest gym pants are from Target ($25-35). My tops, which are just little stretchy short sleeved tops, not lycra or anything are from Kmart($5).

Shoes and sports bra's are the big costs for me.

Shoes are from Athlete's foot - Adidas ($139)
    Sports bras from Bras 'n' things ($75 for a double pack)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I was in Sydney at the end of May and bought some nice long workout pants and thinish long sleeve T-Shirts at Target.
    Some nice singlets at Rebel Sports....
    And then spoiled myself with a some Lulemon's Studio pants and Cool Racerback *Zipper tops :-)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i've bought exercise stuff from all over. kmart, target, bigw, rebel, sportspower to name a few.

I have found that yes kmart/target/bigw are cheaper, but for me they don't last long, and the quality is crappy. The stuff I've bought at rebel and sportspower etc, have lasted way longer, and the quality is way better, and imo more comfortable.
    I'm pretty much at my goal weight, so my frame isn't going to change much, so I just buy the better quality stuff.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I go LuluLemon - beautiful clothes, and expensive, but I find buying really nice exercise stuff makes me more likely to use them :/
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Kmart or Target, as cheap as possible, coz I'm hoping I'll have to replace it all soon coz it's too big!!
  • AwesomeOne66
    Options
    Factory outlets...just discovered one with compression pants & tops at really (I mean "really") cheap prices. Plus trackies, yoga pants, hoodies, etc...I'll never go to rebel or other places again after discovering this awesome gem. Anyone in eastern Melbourne area, message me, I'll give you the details!

And another recommendation: doesn't matter how much you pay for your really good sports bra, it will be worth it. Don't scrimp on that stuff, ladies...pay the $$
  • sashbee
    sashbee Posts: 2
    Options
    i have bought the Michelle Bridges Brand, from an online shop www.tasqualityclothes.com
    prices were affordable. i love my 3/4 pants and black tank.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I wear basketball gear to the gym since I have a tonne of it already, but I have picked up some clothes from Rebel Sport - some good gems in the clearance racks for a fraction of their original cost!

Also have a bunch of tanks and t-shirts from supplement companies who throw a little something in the box with a good sized order.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    Virtu. I can squeeze myself into straight sized workout gear but have had one condescending shop assistant too many and try as I might I can't bring myself to trot out the old "don't be so smug, you work in a shop" line. There's a certain sense of vulnerability that comes with buying leggings when you look like the type who'd wear them out to dinner instead of the gym! That said, Virtu can be expensive but I get a lot of wear out of each piece so I'll continue shopping there until they tell me I'm too slim :).
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love my Lorna Jean pants. They were a pressie from daughter as an incentive and it works. I just wear $4 singlets from KMart, perfect, good bra and Asics runners. I've tried a few other brands on, they look nice on the hanger but don't feel like my LJ's on. I need more clothes but not sure what to get myself now. Might be lay-bying LJ's....
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I love LJ but yes, its expensive. I usually ask for a voucher or particular items at Christmas. Luckily, we have an outlet near us too so I go there in the sale, armed with my vouchers and my student discount, lol.

Otherwise I'm wearing Brooks at the moment
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    yoga clothing (light and loose fitting)
    asana from rebel sport
    abi and joseph www.abiandjoseph.com/
  • travel_kat
    travel_kat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ladies, can really recommend these sportsbras http://movingcomfort.com.au/product/detail/300371/420.... They are not that expensive and arrive within a couple of days of ordering.