calories and exercise

hi been doing this diet for 5 weeks, at first it was great but for the last 2 weeks i have stayed the same i am not doing anything any different apart from doing more exercise, the 1st week i didn't eat the calories i burned doing exercise but didn't loose so this week i tried to eat them all because i thougt i wasn't eating enough but still stayed the same , could someone give suggestions as i am getting dishearted and don't know what to do , be grateful for ideas thanks:smile:

Replies

• Your doing great just try not to get frustrated, reward yourself for your five week accomplishment. Try switching things up a little don't let your body get into a routine of doing the same things the same way every time. Body confusion keeps the pounds dropping and you may consider the fact that you may be losing inches to? I was also told by the dietitian at my job that increasing your water intake boost the metabolism as well. Hope this helps
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    If you want feedback.....you need to open up your diary so others can see what you are really logging. Depending on what kind of exercise you are doing and what you are eating, and how pathetic your physical condition was to start with, you could be building muscle right now which may cause you to plateau briefly. Two weeks is briefly.

If you have started eating more and stayed level, it may be a good idea to cut your deficit again and see what happens. Breaking up the routine is always a good idea. You may find that once every five weeks, you should have a week where you eat more (even if you gain a pound or two) and then work hard for four weeks. Kind of a 4 steps forward, 1 step back thing. In the long run, your goal should be to lose one pound per week.

Where you are at, that means you'll be at your goal weight in six months. People tend to be impatient these days and don't deal with obstacles very well. You should be doing this to have something sustainable for your whole life, so six months isn't that big of a deal. As far as I'm concerned, if you've lost 8 lbs in 5 weeks, you are three weeks ahead of schedule.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Okay...first thing:

If you see this as another fad diet then it won't work. This needs to be a life style change. Something you will do for the rest of your life. When you get into that life style, it will start working.

Two:

You body is catching up. Expect a one pound loss a week. Seeing how you have already lost 8 pounds, that puts you at 1.6 pounds a week. My body does this. I will lose a lot of weight, and then slow down and my body will catch up.

Those were taken from not looking at your diary. If you are staying within your calorie deficit then relax and let it happen. Stressing about it will only slow your weight loss.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I think your problem is trying to eat too few calories. It's good for a quick drop, but then slows everything down. You should figure out a more appropriate amount of calories for yourself and reset your calorie goals on your food diary.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • likleylad
    likleylad Posts: 30 Member
    thanks for replies will take all your comments on board :smile: