Do you have certain days you binge on?

Options
Not this week, but for the past two weeks i binged on Wed, Fri and sun - does this happen to you?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have my free meal and snacking time on Wed nights, and always go over Thursdays. Thursdays are hard because that's a friend of mine's free day and that's the only time we can hang out. So while I don't binge, I do have days over on a regular basis.
  • ExploreLoveRide
    Options
    Like quirkytizzy, I don't really have "binge" days, but there are days that I usually eat over on: I'm always conscious of my intake during the week (Monday - Friday), and then Saturday and Sunday become days I pig out. (It doesn't help that's when I usually have company, which means going out for lunches or dinners.) If I'm by myself, however, I usually do pretty well and, if I eat over, it's reasonable. ^-^
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Strangely, I feel like binging when it's the beginning of TOM... I have to contain myself.
    Then it comes back to normal.
    Thank god for cheat days!
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    Monday through Friday, I'm completely okay and on top of watching what I eat in addition to exercise. The weekends are the ultimate killer for me. My sons have fast metabolisms, so they can pretty much eat anything. Me, on the other hand, it's not like that at all. With open access to a lot of food, not really busy with work, I tend to overeat. This weekend, I'm surprised I haven't overdone it. Hopefully, it'll stay like that for the following weeks.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I attempt to eat my TDEE on Saturday's, never ever do it though -_- always like 200 cals short :(
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't noticed a pattern...but, i do have days it is very difficult not to eat every thing in the house and still end up dissatisfied.. WHY??? because inanimate objects what ever they might be CANNOT fill any of those feelings causing me to binge. So, in order to get pass it..I have to talk to myself..reminding me that FOOD can do nothing but nourish my body or not whichever I choose. NO#1 reason why I am overweight....assigning power to food to take away all the negative things in my life. It really is about "What is eating you?" IF one can figure that out then the "eating for health" part comes easy.
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my day to eat all my calories. I try to not go over because I don't want to sabotage myself, but I do get close...or don't go over too much.

Every now and then you just gotta have some chicken parm and cheesecake :)
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering about this too!! I generally use Sunday as a free day .. basically eat what I want, that way I don't feel as deprived Monday - Saturday. I still have cheats here and there during the week and will have wine on Friday and Saturday night but still being somewhat careful about diet. But then Sunday I can eat whatever I want.

Curious what other people do and whether it is successful or how they feel about this approach.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I binge on days i lift. Works out wonderfully.
  • NHTravelMaven
    NHTravelMaven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually have one day a week where I binge. I don't have a set day in particular...I play it by ear and usually (but not always) save it for the day I'm HUNGRY. I do try to avoid days when I'm an emotional wreck, because I know that food is not going to make me feel better, but make me feel worse. If I'm not doing well emotionally AND I've overeaten...that's a big no-no for me, as it sets me up for a long spiral to gaining back weight. So, the long answer is, yes I have binge days, but not set days.
  • cindygretz
    Options
    Sunday's. Nascar or football and food.

I come from a southern family and Sunday is family day. Mom cooks, always amazing comfort food and to even remotely suggest that what she cooks is not healthy or in someway would jeopardize my goals would be a nearly unforgivable insult.

So I will eat her wonderful chuck roast today, with the mashed potatoes full of butter and cream and salt with gravy on them. I will eat her macaroni and cheese made with whole milk, full fat velveeta and cheddar. I will at least two of her amazing biscuits which she makes sure to pre-butter, and I will eat her home canned green beans with plenty of bacon fat.

Afterwards I will eat the peach cobbler she makes just for me with splenda... and two sticks of butter.

And I will attempt to burn off calories by flopping out in the big easy chair and napping during boring parts of today's race at Bristol, TN.

I love my family Sundays :)
  • randoswife
    randoswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sunday's. Nascar or football and food.

I come from a southern family and Sunday is family day. Mom cooks, always amazing comfort food and to even remotely suggest that what she cooks is not healthy or in someway would jeopardize my goals would be a nearly unforgivable insult.

So I will eat her wonderful chuck roast today, with the mashed potatoes full of butter and cream and salt with gravy on them. I will eat her macaroni and cheese made with whole milk, full fat velveeta and cheddar. I will at least two of her amazing biscuits which she makes sure to pre-butter, and I will eat her home canned green beans with plenty of bacon fat.

Afterwards I will eat the peach cobbler she makes just for me with splenda... and two sticks of butter.

And I will attempt to burn off calories by flopping out in the big easy chair and napping during boring parts of today's race at Bristol, TN.

I love my family Sundays :)

I'm free next Sunday...lol :wink: