Sports Bra advice

Options
2»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have a Moving Comfort sports bra, and it is the ONLY sports bra with which I've been nearly entirely satisfied. It has great impact protection, but doesn't give you a "smashed" look, and is super supportive. I run, do martial arts, and go horseback riding, and love, love, LOVE the impact protection. I seriously will never go back to another sports bra.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes some fantastic bras. Fiona and Junk are my favs. I swear by them.

^^^This.

I wear a 42G and run in the Fiona. I'd rather shell out a little bit more up front than have the sweat/slip/chafing issue/about the same cost anyway of doubling up headache.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love the Ta Ta Tamer II from LuLuLemon. As funny a name as it is, it works amazingly well:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=8532&skuId=3480598&catId=women-sports-bras

The Anita high-impact I tried on yesterday seemed good, too.

No bouncing in either of them!
  • Curvynerdgirl
    Options
    Lanebryant sells some fantastic sports bras - I've gotten all my bras from them (46DD) and have not been disappointed.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! I found a running shop in the area that carries the Enell and a few other brands mentioned- I plan to shop Saturday morning!
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love the Ta Ta Tamer II from LuLuLemon. As funny a name as it is, it works amazingly well:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=8532&skuId=3480598&catId=women-sports-bras

The Anita high-impact I tried on yesterday seemed good, too.

No bouncing in either of them!

Ive got this one and dont like it. Could just be cuase it doesnt fit me well but I wouldnt recommend it.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I cannot say enough good things about Enell. I was around a F/G before my breast reduction wore Enell through 5 half-marathons and one Ragnar. Now I'm a more "normal" size and I still wear Enell, because great support is a must no matter how big you are.
  • GaJavaGirl
    Options
    Moving Comfort!! I like the Maia style. It's so comfortable you can wear it everyday. It has cups and underwire and doesn't smooth, but you won't bounce around. I wear mine for 5ks, Zumba, and CrossFit without any problems.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've got the Shock absorber and it was well worth the money as I've had it for years and it doesn't seem to have lost any of its elasticity despite being put through the wash at least 3 times a week!

I like the fact that it still gives you some shape and isn't one of those bras that make you look like your boobs are one long lump like you've stuffed an uncut loaf up the front of your T-Shirt!

Sky x
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im buying this one to try right now, looks like great support but no uniboob
    http://www.championcanada.ca/women-clothes-and-sportswear/powerback-underwire-sports-bra/
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Panache, but don't know if you can get them in the US? They sell them in Bravissimo here, which is for the big boobed!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Go with Under Armor. UA does a really good job trapping sweat. All their products are really good. Highly recommend it!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, if you are above a c cup, you are probably going to need to find one that sizes by real bra sizes, rather than by sm-med-lg-xlg. At a 36D or above, you'd need and XL for overall circumference, but that sizing assumes an average B to C cup, which means the band will be way too loose. (It assumes the difference between biggest measurement and chest measurement is less than you need). If you go down a size to get a band that fits, t here won't be enough fabric to cover your chest....
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Victoria's secret has nice ones, but theyre very expensive. They have one's with different amounts of support. It's pricey but Victoria's Secret is pretty reliable.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Try the Enell sports bras. I swear by them for high impact workouts. However, they can be pretty pricey. And you have to look at their website and see where you might be able to find one.
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    I have a moving comfort zip front that does a great job of holding my DDD rack in. It for sure squishes me down but for some things I prefer the flattened out thing.

I also have a Shock Absorber that does up funny in the back, really great for support but does not flatten the girls out.

They all ran retail $60, I got the moving comforts on sale for $17 though (so I bought 2!!)

I like both of these bras, had no luck with the under armour - it was almost as if they were not made for real boobs, but for barbie chests? You know what I mean? But I am sure they work really well for the right people.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Recently found yoga bras that wrap around and they are AWESOME. They flatten the chest more than 'traditional' sports bras. Specifically, these are the ones I'm referring to:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/lily-of-france-bra-yoga-bra-2151720?ID=738025&CategoryID=62590&swatchColor=White#fn=BRA_FEATURES=Sports&sp=1&spc=5
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have used the cheap ones, Under Armour, Anita and Shock Absorber. Shock Absorber by far is the best for me.I find it comfortbale and not much bounce at all. I feel nothing moving anyway. Anita is second, very comfortable but I liked the Shock Absorber better. Under Armour, the cup size was too small for me, I keep falling out of it so I cant rate it except to say it is quite comfortable. I do find a lot of bounce with it, but again might be because my girls are trying to get out. The cheap ones I wont even look at because they dont work for me. I wish they did :) Shock Absorber for me all the way. Worth the money IMO.

I am a 38E or F, depends :)
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nike sport bra are ****ing amazing! I have a medium support one, as I have no tits, however they come in better support :)