Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Diet question...please help

p90xokc
p90xokc Posts: 66
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So here's the deal, I'm contemplating getting a Jersey Mikes Sub for dinner tonight. If I get the one that I want, I will still be under my calorie intake goal by 600 calories for the day (this will be my last meal tonight). I will also be 11 grams under my fat intake for the day. However, I will be 56 grams over my carbohydrate intake and 30 grams under my protein intake. What does everyone think I should do?

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Eat more.

Is this a trick question? Are you looking for specific suggestions.
  • p90xokc
    Not at all...Just would feel a little guilty about going over my carb intake limit.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    I would feel more guilty going that far under my calories more so that going over on one macronutrient. Your body needs food!

I would just look at what you ate today to make better choices on carbs going forward.
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Remember that this is a lifestyle change-not a diet! Sometimes we will go over in categories, and fall short in others. If you really want that sub, and you stay withing your calories goals-go for it. Otherwise you will just end up feeling deprived, and perhaps that will lead to worse results that going over your carbs!
  • tlowder
    tlowder Posts: 21
    Double the meat for protein (as long as it is a lean meat) and eat it open-faced so you only eat half of the bread.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Yeah, I so far have not been able to focus on carbs/fat/protein. I try to stick to the calorie limits, eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 4 times a week and that is all I can manage to do right now.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I just stick to calories, figure the rest will fall into place, I would eat it!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    doubling the meat and halving the bread sounds like a good idea-that way you get exactly what you want with more protein and fewer carbs-genius!
  • p90xokc
    I think I'll do that...all great suggestions...and yes, it is lean meat on the sub, and no bacon or may or anything like that.
  • mullensamy
    mullensamy Posts: 11
    I would feel more guilty going that far under my calories more so that going over on one macronutrient. Your body needs food!

I would just look at what you ate today to make better choices on carbs going forward.

Thank you so much for saying that! I sometimes feel like if I am WAAAAY under my calorie goal then I am doing great. But that's just not true- I see less progress when I undereat.
This discussion has been closed.