Lost 10 Pounds In A Week!

Options
MizzFaith
MizzFaith Posts: 11 Member
Okay guys, so this is how I lost 10 lbs (9.8 lbs) in a week. I basically followed a low carb, high protein and healthy fat diet which consisted of eggs fish meat ( white meat) fruit and vegetables and healthy fats ( which were moderated) such as cheese, peanut butter, avocados etc. The first day I lost 3.4 lbs! the restriction of refined carbs I guess was a shock to my body but a good one since i did previous hit a plateau. My starting weight from last week Sunday 10th March was 239.6 and as of today, Sunday 17th March I am 229.8 ! Making it a total of 50.2 lbs lost! :D:happy: :bigsmile:

Now, I am currently follow the Insanity 60 day program( started week 5 - recovery week) which does aid to my weight-loss and combined it with Hip Hop Abs ( 4 x a week); so I can hold part of my weight-loss to exercise but as they say weight-loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise.

I'm not a nutritionist so of course i have flaws in my diet etc; but just thought to share my weight-loss with others and hope it helps!

Replies

• teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you are eating fruits you are eating carbs which is GOOD, as carbs are energy. Sounds like you have cut bad carbs out. Good for you!
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • MizzFaith
    Options
    Thanks, forgot to mention I do have ONE meal that has refined carbs ( which is wholemeal based ), I'm not quite there yet with eliminating ALL refined carbs :):smile:
  • princessmakaila
    princessmakaila Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do you have the diet? Like can you post it?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, so this is how I lost 10 lbs (9.8 lbs) in a week. I basically followed a low carb, high protein and healthy fat diet which consisted of eggs fish meat ( white meat) fruit and vegetables and healthy fats ( which were moderated) such as cheese, peanut butter, avocados etc. The first day I lost 3.4 lbs! the restriction of refined carbs I guess was a shock to my body but a good one since i did previous hit a plateau. My starting weight from last week Sunday 10th March was 239.6 and as of today, Sunday 17th March I am 229.8 ! Making it a total of 50.2 lbs lost! :D:happy: :bigsmile:

Now, I am currently follow the Insanity 60 day program( started week 5 - recovery week) which does aid to my weight-loss and combined it with Hip Hop Abs ( 4 x a week); so I can hold part of my weight-loss to exercise but as they say weight-loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise.

I'm not a nutritionist so of course i have flaws in my diet etc; but just thought to share my weight-loss with others and hope it helps!

you didn't lose 10 lbs of fat. you lost mostly water weight.

it's frustrating to see so many people misunderstand this fundamental fact.

you need to burn about 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of actual weight. if you're lucky, that will be all fat. if not, it'll be some combination of fat and LBM.

to lose 10 lbs in 7 days would require you to have a daily calorie deficit of 5000 calories per day. that's FIVE THOUSAND! unless your TDEE is 6500-7000 per day, that's impossible. even if you fasted for a whole week and your TDEE was 3000, that's only 21000 calories in deficit. you'd need 35000 calories in deficit for 10 lbs.

it's great that you are getting a psychological boost from losing a lot of water weight, just don't get upset in the next week or two when your scale says you weigh 5-7 lbs more because your body has started retaining water again.
  • MizzFaith
    Options

you need to burn about 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of actual weight. if you're lucky, that will be all fat. if not, it'll be some combination of fat and LBM.

to lose 10 lbs in 7 days would require you to have a daily calorie deficit of 5000 calories per day. that's FIVE THOUSAND! unless your TDEE is 6500-7000 per day, that's impossible. even if you fasted for a whole week and your TDEE was 3000, that's only 21000 calories in deficit. you'd need 35000 calories in deficit for 10 lbs.

it's great that you are getting a psychological boost from losing a lot of water weight, just don't get upset in the next week or two when your scale says you weigh 5-7 lbs more because your body has started retaining water again.

That is true but I do burn 900-1000 cals a day and doing Insanity workout you build muscle and it is a proven fact that muscle burns more fat than cardio. For princessmakai I followed what this woman said > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcVQ9rcFEo
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

That is true but I do burn 900-1000 cals a day and doing Insanity workout you build muscle and it is a proven fact that muscle burns more fat than cardio. For princessmakai I followed what this woman said > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcVQ9rcFEo

it doesn't burn that much more. the new muscle will have a modest affect on your BMR and you should recalculate your BMR every month using one of the equations that takes into account BF%. you also can't build much (if any) new muscle while in a calorie deficit. you can lose BF% which makes your muscles more visible, but there are only a few scenarios where you can gain muscle mass while in a deficit and those do not occur for very long.

here's the big problem with not understanding the daily fluctuations of water weight. some people get so obsessed with the number on the scale, that they do unhealthy things like dehydrating themselves to see the scale go lower. however, it's all an illusion. you can make the scale drop quickly that way, but you will ALWAYS return to your previous weight. that frustrates people who do not understand what is happening. that frustration can lead to quitting.

people who sell "cleanses" and other weight loss scams use the dehydration trick to con people into thinking their weight loss scam truly works. that's why cleanses do not go for long periods of time. eventually, the dehydration can lead to medical problems and/or your body will demand that you re-hydrate yourself by making you very thirsty.

back in November, i saw my weight drop 17 lbs in a 2 week period. it was mostly water weight. fortunately, i was shedding excess water at the time and also losing fat due to caloric deficit, so my rebound was only 3-4 lbs in the following week. since i knew what was going on, i didn't worry too much about it. it felt great to see the scale drop so quickly, but i knew it was mostly an illusion.

i'm glad you've received a psychological boost. just don't get discouraged if you see some of that water weight come back. over a long period of time, you'll get to your goal no matter how much your water weight varies from day to day. if you understand that, then you are in good shape to make it to your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!