Guilty

Options
I had a plan to work out 7 days a week for two months straight burning at least 1000 calories a day. I am in the middle of week three and doing very well with this plan until today. I am just so tired today. I know I should just go do it but I know I'm not going to. All I want to do is go to bed and it's not even 7 yet. I feel so bad about it I came here to confess.

Replies

• lovebrittnie
    Options
    i suggest taking one day off... or at least on one of those days burn maybe 200 at the most.... 6 days a week is plenty of exercise... take the rest. But jump back in tomorrow!!!!
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so dedicated! Sounds like you could be overtraining, though. Seven days a week of hard exercise (i.e. the kind that burns 1000 calories) may be too much. Give yourself today as a rest day, and take at least one day a week to rest every week. And don't feel guilty about it! It's okay to take the day off! :)
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options
    It's great to set goals to work toward. However, yours is truly extreme and unrealistic. Your body certainly doesn't need to burn a thousand calories a day via exercise and you definitely need rest days thrown in there. Recovery is just as critical as exercise.

Don't beat yourself up, just make your goal a more healthy and feasible one.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    7 days a week and 1000 calories?? That's a TON!!! I admire your dedication, but your body may be telling you to ease up a bit... Take a day and rest!! Maybe exercise every other day???
  • trekkiebeth
    trekkiebeth Posts: 172
    Options
    Do you have to exercise for an hour and a half to burn that many calories? I exercised for 30 minutes today and the machines at the gym said I only burned 300 calories! I don't think I could handle more than 45 minutes a day unless I was doing something like hiking. :(
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It is pretty important for your body to be able to rest some of the time, remember that you are not superwoman and you can take time off and still be successful!
  • Biggest_Loser
    Options
    Holy crap....1000 calories a DAY?? I'd pass out!!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Holy crap....1000 calories a DAY?? I'd pass out!!!

yep..me too!

Take a well deserved rest..your body will thank you for it xxx
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being so dedicated! Sounds like you could be overtraining, though. Seven days a week of hard exercise (i.e. the kind that burns 1000 calories) may be too much. Give yourself today as a rest day, and take at least one day a week to rest every week. And don't feel guilty about it! It's okay to take the day off! :)
    I put an exercise ticker on but it ill not move. can you tell me ho to make it move?
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    That is not cheating...that's your body's way of telling you that its tired....you cant burn yourself out...you cant push it past the limit it can go all the time....Be proud of all you've done so far and dont push too hard when your body is telling you that it needs rest...i have learned how to distinguish between me being lazy and my body just being tired and when its tired I let it rest and when i'm lazy i 'push it to the limit...

be proud of what you've done so far and rest a day...you'll see how energized you are when you get back on it.
  • pepino
    pepino Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    any job rushed never looks as good as the one slowly crafted. burning 1000 calories and working out 7 days a week is not that great for the body. you have to look at yourself losing weight as a life change not a fad. your doing a great job being this motivated but if you stay under or at your calorie allowed, burning about 500 calories 6 days a week then you would have time to heal/rest. if you stay at high pace your body endurance may peek and muscle failure (spasm,ache,soreness,cramp) may come into affect. it happen to me also because i was rushing it till i got hurt and my nutritionist told me other methods. stay focus and dont feel guilty for one day. you deserve it.
  • maloneiv
    maloneiv Posts: 1
    Options
    You may end up doing more harm than good. Your body needs time to rest and muscles have to rebuild and recover after a workout. If your body doesn't get the recovery period, you won't see the results you are hoping for. I definitely suggest at least one full day of rest, and I would even do a light day in the middle of your routine. Make sure you are alternating strength and cardio too. Building muscle will help you burn more calories throughout the day.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay .... I feel much less guilty now!

I did go for a short walk though... just to do something.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    any job rushed never looks as good as the one slowly crafted.

Those are some wise words! I'm posting those in front of my scale to remind me that it's ok that this journey takes a while. Thanks, Pepino!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had a plan to work out 7 days a week for two months straight burning at least 1000 calories a day. I am in the middle of week three and doing very well with this plan until today. I am just so tired today. I know I should just go do it but I know I'm not going to. All I want to do is go to bed and it's not even 7 yet. I feel so bad about it I came here to confess.

don't feel guilty, be thankful that you recognized the signs of your body telling you need a break. there is nothing wrong with down sizing a bit, taking a step back and then getting back on that horse tomorrow and going for it all over again :-)

1026866.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week and burn 450-850 cal/day (depends on how much time I have) But when I take this one day off I feel guilty too! It is not good. :grumble: