is it possible??

Options
Yesterday! I went to H&M to buy jeans, I been buying jeans from there for years.. Yesterday I went in and im like 2 sizes bigger! I dnt see how the heck that is possible.. The only thing is, I been doing squats (that 30 day challenge lol) so is my butt getting bigger??? I always have had a butt, but idk. I would have to think its from my sides and stomach. Been eating good and running amd doing other exercise for about 2 weeks..

Replies

• notsolovely
    Options
    =\
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Exercise can tighten and define your body. It's not impossible that you might be putting on an inch or two in your butt area. The good news is that inch or so will look WAAAAAY better than not, because it'll be all nice and sculpted.

Also exercise can cause a temporary water gain, as your muscles stretch and contract, retaining water. That usually eases within a couple of weeks.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not much time. You could be holding onto water from the exercising among other things. I would give it more time.
  • Peacesteem
    Peacesteem Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    These are the thing that can lead to discouragement. I'm not trying on any clothes until I reach my gaol weight:).

Also, could it be the cut of the pants and not to be crass that time of the month?

I agree with Velvetvisions a month or two you should see results two weeks you may lose pounds but not inches you need more time to tone up.

In the meantime stay positive think about how good you look and feel, often time as women we can be our own worse enemy when judging our bodies.
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Quirkytizzy.. I know it will look better but it made me so sad..
    If it is water a gain, I hope it temporary because I really dnt like the way this looks. Worst then what it does look like in mt pictures.. Scary huh? Lol.. is there a way to get ride od the water weight or it will just go away on its own
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Velvetvisions.. I know its notblong I just figured id be losing more then gaining lol.. I didnt know u might hold onto water when u first start exercising..
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Water weight tends to drop on its own. Cutting down on high sodium foods and drinking more water can help that.
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Peacesteem.. Thats what I want to do as well, not buy clothes til im my goal weights.. But my jeans for work stop fitting me good And I was like damn, did I leave them in the dryer to long and they shrank! even my tights fit snug.. So yeah I went and omg they where so tight. My usual size was real tight.. I didnt want to have to keep pulling up my jeans after getting up.
    I will stay motivated, I am my worst enemy lol. I try not to be.
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Velvetvisions.. Okay I been staying away from sodium and.water im.trying to drink lots of water?