fatty fat

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
what is the main reason for gaining fat around belly apart from unhealthy eating, genetics and lack of exercise.......?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what is the main reason for gaining fat around belly apart from unhealthy eating, genetics and lack of exercise.......?

life isn't fair???
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You pretty much named the main reasons..apart from I would replace 'unhealthy eating' with 'eating at a caloric surplus'
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Depression.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i think you summed it up!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Sometimes food allergies can make you bloated and think you are fatty fat more in the belly.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Reverse liposuction to the belly?
  • OopsGrace
    OopsGrace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    STRESS! Stress releases cortisol which makes you hungry, even if you're not. Then you eat, gain weight, get more stressed, release more cortisol...its a ***** (especially for women).
  • jmzz1
    Options
    i am depressed at the moment ........ and i have been depressed for a while .......... but i do not overeat during such periods........ I avoid eating and usually end up with calorie deficit instead of surplus.........

so how is it related to gaining of weight inspite of under eating??
  • jmzz1
    Options
    what do you mean by that?
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I was ok until i had babies, then bam... :( not that id give my boys up.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Lolz.

It was a joke about having a doctor squirt fat into your belly surgically.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Could it be water retention? If I'm bloated/retaining water from eating too much sodium or from TOM, that all tends to sit at my midsection. I can usually tell if it's water retention vs "normal fat," because it feels more jiggly/ripply, almost pillowy, and goes away after a couple days if I drink a lot of water and keep exercising.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Being pregnant?
  • jmzz1
    Options

Lolz.

It was a joke about having a doctor squirt fat into your belly surgically.
    lol....... as i have mentioned earlier that i am depressed at the moment so did not understand ur sense of humor
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Being pregnant?
    nope........ not at all
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eating too much. Period. If that is where your body decides to gain weight, that is where it will gain weight. You can't spot gain, just as you can't spot reduce.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Eating too much. Period. If that is where your body decides to gain weight, that is where it will gain weight. You can't spot gain, just as you can't spot reduce.
    as i have already mentioned ...... i eat at a calorie deficit during my depression period......... and in normal days tend to eat at my calorie goal not surplus.........
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    i am depressed at the moment ........ and i have been depressed for a while .......... but i do not overeat during such periods........ I avoid eating and usually end up with calorie deficit instead of surplus.........

so how is it related to gaining of weight inspite of under eating??

when I had PTSD really badly, I was just like you described.... then I'd have days where I got my appetite back and ate too much (compensating for prolonged periods of undereating, albeit accidental undereating) and it all piled on as belly flab.

I got rid of it by not allowing myself to undereat. Simple, no undereating means no rebound overeating.

Additionally, if you're depressed you move less, so you burn fewer calories, your TDEE will be lower than calculators predict as you're moving less than you think.

Lifting heavy weights really helps keep depression and anxiety symptoms at bay. I totally recommend it, along with eating all your calories even if you don't feel hungry (depression/anxiety may take the appetite away, but that doesn't mean you don't need food)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just come out with what's happening to you specifically that you need help with? I'm confused by the question and you're not proving enough details about why you think there must be some other reason for belly fat than the obvious ones.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Why don't you just come out with what's happening to you specifically that you need help with? I'm confused by the question and you're not proving enough details about why you think there must be some other reason for belly fat than the obvious ones.

well my basic intention of asking this question is to figure out whether depression is the reason behind my stubborn belly fat or some other reason which might not be within my knowledge............