Fell of the wagon this weekend.

Options
Feeling bad and a little disappointed today. Family has been in town all weekend to celebrate me niece first birthday which is great, but what comes with the fun was not so great. Did not get a chance to get any workouts in. Of course the food choices has no been what I'm normally eating and of course family wants to shop, sight see and try new venues. Don't get me wrong, the time with my family was great and memorable. Its just that, I did not stay on track and afraid of what the scale will say from the weekend. Have a good one MFP family and friends. Keep it up.

Replies

• JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Just relax and think how much better you can do tommorow and let it motivate you this week.
    If you plan to keep up a healthy diet and fitness regime nothing you do tommorow will be worst than this weekend!
    Good luck! :)
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you feel like the scale will be demotivating to you, then don't weigh! A portion of weight gain after suddenly eating a lot more than usual/more sodium or carb laden foods is water weight, which will go off after a few days of going back to your usual eating!

Maybe just focus on going back to your usual routine of sticking to your caloric goal and exercise and then weigh the following week? Remember that what's past is past! Stay positive and focus on creating more awesome days ahead!!

And you had fun and the precious memories you made with your family!! Don't let your worries about calories overwhelm that!
  • timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you feel like the scale will be demotivating to you, then don't weigh! A portion of weight gain after suddenly eating a lot more than usual/more sodium or carb laden foods is water weight, which will go off after a few days of going back to your usual eating!

Maybe just focus on going back to your usual routine of sticking to your caloric goal and exercise and then weigh the following week? Remember that what's past is past! Stay positive and focus on creating more awesome days ahead!!

And you had fun and the precious memories you made with your family!! Don't let your worries about calories overwhelm that!
    Just what I was going to say.. it's in ya not on ya, you will look the same. Just don't weigh.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Ditto. Times like this will happen and we have to learn to roll with them or else we won't have all the enjoyment that we could have with our friends and family. We can't stick to our diet perfectly all the time. And it's good to cut loose once in a while and enjoy something you haven't had in a while. Just get back on track and don't weigh yourself for a few days. And keep in mind that you can have days or weekends like this and still be successful with your weight loss and fitness goals.
  • nondomesticgoddess
    nondomesticgoddess Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    First: get on the scale and face your fear. I also fell off big-time this weekend (Friday and Sat)- so bad yesterday I didn't even finish logging my day. I get on the scale this a.m. and I have lost 2 lbs since my last weigh-in on Thursday a.m. WTH? I really think my body was so used to a 12-1400 intake that it shed anything over that (and all the rich foods had me in the bathroom - LOL). If you did gain, no worries, a lot of it could be water weight from extra sodium. Get back on your plan, appreciate the new memories with family that you have, and move forward.
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i was away for the weekend and I am away from home now until after Easter. I will make better choices than in the past but I know that i want to enjoy life and cut loose a little. A diet break can be a good thing psychologically. Just get back on track now! Do not feel guilty and if you can bear it weigh - rant and pick yourself back up.
  • timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If it helps you to know. I have every Sunday like that! I call it fat Sunday! some can do this some can't and it has not hindered my 40 pound loss.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Okay?

GET BACK ON THE WAGON!

What's the problem? Seriously?

One day or two off, in the long run, shouldn't hurt. It's gonna murder your short run outlook through. But you pay the costs to act like a boss though.
  • eredmon8731
    eredmon8731 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a similar "food bomb" weekend, of sorts, and was really down on myself. But I woke up this morning and read this:

Unless you're an athlete who has to make weight for a meet, missing a meal here or there is not the end of your long-term changes. Focus on establishing habits you can maintain for a lifetime. No one ever got fat by enjoying 2-3 meals per week that were outside of their healthy meal plan; they fell out of shape when those 2-3 bad meals per week turned into 2-3 per day. The lesson here: contain the explosion.

I hopped right back on the wagon and feel a new sense of freedom because we can have "off day(s)" and still be better off than we were before we started on this journey.

Don't beat yourself up, but also...try skipping the weigh-in if you know that's a trigger for your mood (it definitely is for me.)

Best of luck! God bless!
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Falling off the wagon is not something to worry about. It's whether you have the courage to realize your mistakes, stand right back up and get back on, is what is going to separate those who succeed from those who fail. The fact that you recognize that there is an issue is your first step for getting back on track. So this coming week, pick yourself up, forget the scale (or at least for a little while) and climb back on that wagon! You can do this!! :wink:
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My birthday just passed, and I indulged in a few savoury items that I mostly avoid. I pre-logged because people were coming to my house, so I knew what the menu would be, but I haven't had a chance to work out yesterday or today to burn off any of that oh-so-delicious-and -salty barbecue that I had! I weighed myself this morning and I am up almost 3 lbs! tal about depressing! I know it is just water from all the salty goodness of birthday food, so i am drinking lots of water today and eating a my normal stuff again, so hopefully within a couple of extra hard workouts, and a few days of being back to the clean eating, the new found water will be diminished again. As long as you are committed to the process overall, a day here or there once in a while isn't going to kill you.......after all, we all want to be healthy so we can enjoy life, and eating, drinking, shopping, sightseeing and laughing with the family are all part of that :) cheers
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Well, just get back on