I need help!

Options
So how in the heck am I supposed to count calories in something homemade, Such as chili?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe function to input your homemade recipe - you just have to input all the ingredients and MFP adds up all the nutritional info for you per serving. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can save the recipe so it's there to use again next time you make that meal.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe function to input your homemade recipe - you just have to input all the ingredients and MFP adds up all the nutritional info for you per serving. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can save the recipe so it's there to use again next time you make that meal.

where is this at on MFP?
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Go to your food page, along the top is a link that says "recipe."
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options

where is this at on MFP?

Go to your food tab and then the receipe tab is there just search and create :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I just weigh and log each ingredient separately, amounts divided by the number of people I'm cooking for. If I know there are going to be leftovers, it's a bit trickier, but I try to weigh or measure the amount of the final product and then weigh or measure my portion. If it's a recipe I use often, then I use the recipe function.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    I work backwards, I take the recipe and list the ingredients, as long as I know them. The ones which are listed I will add to my log.
    Best luck to you.;)