BMR AND TDEE

Options
I'm still confused but I just calculated my BMR and TDEE.
My height is 5"11 and I weigh 255.
My TDEE came out to be 2722 at light exercise and 2735 at little to no exercise. My BMR is 1980.
Mfp has told me to consume 1500 cals a day and my gym profile told me 1366. But according to these 2 numbers how many should I be consuming a day?
My first goal weight is 200lbs and my ultimate goal weight is about 170-180.
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• jessbixl
    jessbixl Posts: 34
    Options
    It confuses me too I'm hoping someone will reply to my question as well in the TDEE Calorie Calculations thread I asked a question in...
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I have been eating at about 20% under my TDEE, or if I dont exercise, just above my BMR. Been working out well for me so far. I'm on a cheat weekend cuz of my birthday, but I havent gained yet! And best is that I've not been starving!!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So if my calculations r correct 20% under is 2177 meaning I've been WAYYY below wat I should be eating. That seems like alot of calories a day but maybe that's y weightloss has been so slow...
  • jessbixl
    Options
    I have been eating at about 20% under my TDEE, or if I dont exercise, just above my BMR. Been working out well for me so far. I'm on a cheat weekend cuz of my birthday, but I havent gained yet! And best is that I've not been starving!!

Did you do a spreadsheet to figure out your TDEE? I did a spreadsheet that someone on here recommended I do to figure it out.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat at 20% less than your TDEE - that's what most people say works and works well.

The other people who have given you advise seem to have just given you blanket numbers for losing weight.
  • jessbixl
    Options
    Definitely eat at 20% less than your TDEE - that's what most people say works and works well.

The other people who have given you advise seem to have just given you blanket numbers for losing weight.

Thank my TEDD at 20% less is 2,167 so then that must be correct? I had my calories at 1,834 maybe it should be 2,167 then. ashleey I think your number is correct then?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused but I just calculated my BMR and TDEE.
    My height is 5"11 and I weigh 255.
    My TDEE came out to be 2722 at light exercise and 2735 at little to no exercise. My BMR is 1980.
    Mfp has told me to consume 1500 cals a day and my gym profile told me 1366. But according to these 2 numbers how many should I be consuming a day?
    My first goal weight is 200lbs and my ultimate goal weight is about 170-180.
    Any help would be appreciated.

I bet you were not eating back your exercise calories that you were suppose to be as well as the 1500 calories from MFP. This is where people go wrong..
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try 2000 cals a day for now and see how that goes.