First day here :)

Options
Hey!

My name is Meliss aand I'm new to myfitnesspal as of ...... just a few hours ago. I've been needing to make some healthy changes in my life and so, I have decided to jump on the bandwagon......again. I've never been sucessful at losing weight, but here's to trying! My boyfriend and I signed up for Gym memberships yesterday and I'm hoping that him, along with my mother who is also on this website, and my sister who will hopefully be joining me at the gym soon, wil be the motivation I've lacked with my previous attempts and help me lose this weight once and for all.

Not only did I purchase a gym membership, I used it today and boy am I feeling it. It's been YEARS since I've stepped foot in a gym, but overall I'm glad I did it. I wish you all the best of luck, and if you're looking for a motivational buddy, be sure to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    Hey! I'm pretty new to this site as well, and I can certainly use all the motivation I can get. Welcome to the site, and best of luck.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site. I'm new here too but already love it. The people on here are all on the same mission and reading their stories you get inspired and when you're having a day, we're all here to cheer you on. You have all of us on here and you're fortunate to have your fiance, mom and sister on the outside. We can all do this.
  • sarahgallienne81
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this site too, and I can certainly use all the motivation I can get. Have sent a friend request too !
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Helloooooooooooooo and welcome to his fantastic programme.

All the best on your new lifestyle change...it's even better when you have a great community to help you get through the challenges that this new path may bring up! I've buddied you too!

:flowerforyou:
  • MissIrvine84
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really feel different about this attempt. Maybe because I don't feel like I'm doing it alone, but something feels different. I find myeslf becoming really obsessed with my eating though which worries me. I mowed the lawen today and burned like 450 calories, and I've only eating sligly over 500 today and it's already past 8:00 PM. What's wrong with me!?