cold rainy day what to do besides eat

Options
It is a cold rainy day in Va. I would love to eat soup,popcorn but the problem is I want more and more of the stuff. Yep, I am like this when it snows also.

Guess I am an outside person, yesterday was beautiful and I was ok.

But a rainy day and Sunday on top of it, WHA DO YA DO?

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Learn an indoor hobby! I like to sew and quilt. When I've got a project going - keeping my hands busy - I don't feel the need to eat as much. Right now I'm between projects so fighting the same battle. I guess I'd better find a new project!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Happily, soup and popcorn are low in calories and shouldn't hurt you.

Eat up.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Get a resistance band or light weights and do light exercises while watching a good movie. Walk in place and enjoy a slow pace workout. I always feel less guilty while watching tv. I'm not sitting on my butt. And also if you want that soup eat it. Keep it to just one though.
  • strongandskinnysoon
    Options
    Watch a movie, curl up with tea and a good book, workout, catch up on housework and laundry...there are many things to do aside from eating! :)
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    nice warm green tea..
  • kcolaia89
    kcolaia89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start/finish a home remodling project. It can be a workout. I just ripped out the carpet in my bedroom last week. : )

or

I recently hooked my tv to my pc....go on youtube and workout to Zumba videos.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Just keep yourself busy and moving! Catch up on housework--maybe do a few once a year "deep clean" type projects. Do a craft, especially one you can't eat while doing due to risk of mess. Take a hot bath with a glass of wine and read a book--one glass isn't going to break the bank! Curl up under a warm blanket with a good book and the aforementioned glass of wine--grab a couple of healthy treats first. You'll be so comfy you won't want to get up and eat more ;).
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Homemade chunky veg soup :tongue: after a nice walk, wrapped up of course :bigsmile:
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    I love drinking herbal tea or coffee on rainy days :) Yogi tea is my favorite, as many of their flavors have stevia leaf already in them, so they taste perfectly sweet and are virtually zero calories.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    In England there's more rainy days than there are non rainy days.

We just put on a coat and umbrella and get to it.
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options

Can you imagine if we never went out when it rained here in UK .. we'd never go out!
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am an avid reader, i crochet, and play the smallpipes. I am also learning the violin. Plenty to do.... and lest i forget.. the excercise bike thats calling me from the rec room.....
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    YOGA.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Can you imagine if we never went out when it rained here in UK .. we'd never go out!

Yea, we'd work from home, shop online and have it delivered, workout at home....hehehe............OMG I just described my life.........must go and get my coat and brolly and get some fresh air.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    A big mug of tea, a good book, a phone call to a friend I haven't seen lately...and if the energy level is up, go through closets and pack up clothes that are too big! :smile: And I even head to the basement to work out or do some "dancing"! (Hope nobody sees me doing that!)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think they invented umbrellas awhile back? To walk in the rain ;) if I stayed inside every rainy day on the west coast of Canada I'd be inside 270 days of the year haha. Walks in the rain are fun!
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sleep
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Start a "Rainy Day" to do list so the rainy day doesn't catch you unprepared. You are going to be so happy with how much you have done on the rainy day and feeling so lucky not to have to do those things when the sun is shining and you want to be doing the things outside that are more fun. Good luck with your program !!
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options

Yea, we'd work from home, shop online and have it delivered, workout at home....hehehe............OMG I just described my life.........must go and get my coat and brolly and get some fresh air.

I've just re read what I typed, it sounded OK in my head , now I've read it back it makes no sense at all lol
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    At least you are at home..........I drove my daughter back to college today during this rainy cold miserable day and now I'm stuck in a hotel room here in Va. Let's see..........I have 2 yogurts, bottled water, a grapefruit, an apple, 2 kashi bars, packets of Trader Joe's oatmeal, skim milk, tea bags and some almonds so I suppose I won't starve cause I'm sure not going out in this again. I've done push ups and walked in place, etc............have a book, tv, and a computer..........yeah, I'm gonna be fine......except I already miss her like heck..........nope, not gonna go there.............