ALWAYS thinking about food....

Options
So i am like CONSTANTLY thinking about eating. not because im always hungry but because i always want food. I cant stop thinking about it and it's annoying.
Anyone else have this same problem? how do you combat it?

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Has it always been like this or did it start when you started dieting/calorie counting?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    That's how I am also, I seriously think about food all day...when it gets relly bad, I try to drink a glass of water or eat an orange..but it's defiantly annoying and hard to accomplish any goals for sure..
  • phoenixwizard_64
    Options
    i've been like that for as long as i can remember...
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am like that too, i think about it all the time and in the end eat more then i should be because i think i need it because i think i need it :(
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    For me, this is one of the things that intermittent fasting (IF) has helped me with. I do a 24 hour fast (dinner to dinner) once a week and other than that fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 or 20 hour fast and eat for 4 hours.

It has helped because when I'm in a fasting period, the second the thought of food pops up, I dismiss it because I know I'm not going to eat until whatever time. As time has gone on (about 5-6 months now), I think of food less and less. It has also reduced some of the more mindless eating because I set limits of time (which I figured out through some experimentation).

It takes a little bit of time to figure out what is comfortable for you as far as fasting periods go. I find that I really am not hungry most of the time that I have been eating but I would think about food until I got some so I would convince myself I was hungry to justify eating a lot more food than I needed.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat? Maybe you need to eat more.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    At my job I am known for making food comments and naming groups after foods ( i teach swimming and put the kids in groups) I am not sure how to stop this but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but since reading your profile I'm confused why you're asking this question...

"I suffer from a kind of binge eating disorder. I binge, but i dont purge and i definitely dont have anorexia or anything like that.
    But my binging makes it hard to lose weight."

You have an eating disorder, and that's why. After having one for 12 years and being in recovery/recovered for 3 years, I definitely know what that feels like. ALL I thought about was food. Now I'm recovered and don't.

So, the way to combat always thinking about food? Combat your eating disorder.
  • seanrobinsonpt
    Options
    i could spend a lot of time explaing this but in short it's a result of yoyoing blood sugar levels, cut sugar & simple carbohydrates in favor of complex carbs and try to incorporate protein into your meals. generally speaking if your hungry, suffering with cravings or find food always on your mind then your body is trying to tell you something & you need address your diet.

also I can't see your diary to check but incorporate more water, not coffee, tea, dilute but plain water. 2 - 3 ltrs per day minimum
  • SarahRruns
    SarahRruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I try to kinda plan my calorie intake and feel like I want to get the best out of the calories I can have. I literally woke up last night thinking about food... I hope it's gonna get better when I do this longer, or maybe when I have more other stuff to do.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Take up a hobby, maybe something active so you can eat more calories. If you are eating at the highest possible intake whilst still being hungry, you may be used to boredom eating, so take your mind off it by going out with friends, studying, renting a movie etc. anything you find fun or is productive xx
  • Sandreeuhh
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel... I wish I could stop :[
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting does this. It's better to rely on making good food choices than to count calories.