HELLO EVERYONE

Options
Today is my first day of 'seriously' dieting and counting calories - I hate this - but I MUST do it. I need to lose over 100lbs so I welcome encouragement.:sad:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. Lots of people on this site have done it and if they can, so can you!
  • farr2fun
    farr2fun Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome Friend! It is so worth the effort. Keep in mind as you start that just like exercise you must build strength and knowledge before you look and feel the way you desire. While you're figuring out what works best for you, try ommitting one high calorie item from each meal. Or choose water instead of a high caloric drink. Even these small changes will bring results. Then as you become more knowledgable about what to eat and how to prepare it, it won't seem so overwhelming. Can't wait to see your progress!:happy:
  • marilync
    Options
    6 months later and 41 lbs lighter :) Still a long way to go, but I'm encouraged that I've been able to do this well already. Hoping to reach goal weight by Christmas next year - 1 yr to go - I CAN DO THIS!!!

Watching "Biggest Loser" was encouraging as well.

The best part so far is that my health has already improved significantly - no longer border-line diabetic, no more hi blood pressure and cholesterol is within normal limits for first time in years. That's why I began this journey - to get healthier as I get older - just turned 65 in November. A huge milestone of life - but I choose to view the LIFE in the years, rather than the years of life and as I get healthier and thinner I'm excited to enjoy more of LIFE :~)

Merry Christmas to everyone and good luck to all in reaching your fitness goals!

God Bless!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Welcome
    You seem to need motivation please add me as friend.
    I hope all goes well on your journey. Remember baby
    steps. A little at a time, a pound at a time.
    Good luck
    :bigsmile: