How to tone flabby skin???

Options
Alright so I have a question about toning. Over the past year I have lost about 45 pounds. I went from 148 to 110, and have successfully been maintaining it for the past two months. While I got much much thinner and generally toned, the weight loss in my butt came off so fast that it now looks flabby. At first I thought it was just some stubborn fat, but I'm upped my cardio and strength training (tons of squats, lunges, leg lifts, etc) and it's still there, so now I'm thinking it's loose skin. Anyone have any tips on how I can tighten up my butt and get rid of this flabby skin?

Replies

• deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There's going to be many more people who can go deeper in this explanation - BUT I looked through your diary and see that you are hovering between 1100 and 1200 cals/day with zero water intake. If this is acurate, and since you've hit your goal weight, I STRONGLY reccomend upping your cals and lifting heavier weights when you do your squats. You simply can't grow muscle without fuel, and food is your only source of fuel....so again, there's way smarter people here that understand the science behind all this, but I would start looking down that path!

Good luck and eat some more and drink lots of water!
  • EllaPaigeNora
    Options
    I normally drink tones of water I've just stopped logging it. You're right though about my food intake. I know that i need to increase it
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    As stated above, you need to increase calories. You need to build muscle which will require a small surplus of calories. You can't 'tone' flabby skin. You'll have to build up some muscle. Make sure your progressing and going heavy in all the compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, etc.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Yep, squats and deadlifts are going to be your friend here I expect. I would say up your calories a bit and start picking up some weight. Also, strength training even without weights would probably be helpful :)
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but it sound to me like weights, weights, and more weights. I think women are inordinately scared to lift heavy weights, but it seriously takes HUGE amounts of work and eating 'just right' to build the kind of muscle they see on these women body builders. You don't 'accidentally' get big bulky muscles!