Anyone recommend Activity Tracker

Options
Im new to this, anyone recommend a good activity and sleep trackers??? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Sandreeuhh
    Options
    I bought a Bodymedia Fit a couple weeks ago. I love it!!
  • MikieMud
    MikieMud Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for that Ill check it out.:smile:
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit One. I do get a bit obsessed with it though, and I am quite a techie lol!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit ultra and love it!!! :wink:
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia for me. Small monthly fee. Down over FIFTY since 1/1/2013
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at both the (soon to be released) fitbit flex, and the nike fuel band... I'll be curious to see what other replies you get.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One here.....really like it and enjoy checking all my info after sleep and at the end of the day
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lovin my Fitbit one!!!
  • MikieMud
    Options
    Is the "ultra" or the "one" the latest model of Fitbit
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The One is one of the new FitBit models. I have an Ultra and think it's great. The One is a very similar device.

You can go to the FitBit website to read about their various devices. I also have their Aria scale.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Another ++ for BodyMedia products (I have the Core). They have a tested accuracy of over 90%; as far as I'm aware, no other tracker publishes its accuracy.
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say Welcome to MFP!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I started this reseach process last fall. I'm just a social worker so price was a huge factor. I also have to wear girl clothes three times each week to work so style was a factor. I needed something that would track my weight, body fat, lean muscle, movement, sleep and heart rate. Here's what I decided.

Body bug and Mio Active were out for several reasons: initial cost was high and the monthly cost of keeping it up was astronomical. It wasn't something I could ever hide. I don't want to advertise my weight loss journey to the world.

The Nike thing, along with all other wrist bands, were out because I couldn't wear it to work without it looking like I was wearing a teen-ager's rubber band braclet around my wrist.

I setteled on the following mix:
    *FitBit (easily hidden and pretty accurate to track movement all day, elivation gain and sound sleep)
    **Affordable intiall cost
    **No monthly fee
    **Syncs to MFP which, in my opinion, has the best database for food and I have zero problems with the sync feature
    *Aria digital WiFi scale
    **I sync it to MFP and https://trendweight.com/ both sites are free
    *Endomondo
    **I purchased the $5 "pro" version becuase I WOG not run and the interval program on there is easily customizable for me.
    **I sync this to MFP too
    *I just bought a Wahoo Fitness Heart Monitor Run Pack because FitBit doesn't track non moving exercise like Yoga, Weights and Pilates.
    **It syncs to Endomondo and my iPhone.
    **I log non movement exercises on FitBit.com to get an accurate read of what I'm burning during those exercises.

That makes my overall cost:
    *FitBit $99
    **free website
    *Aria Scale $125
    **trendweight free website
    *Endomondo $5
    *WaHoo Fitness Heart Rate Monitor $99
    **That's a grand total of less than $330 without needing any other costs.

Works for me :)
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use a basic HRM =) I only use it while I'm exercising and I only let it count my calories while my HR is at a certain point... (that's just me though). My roommate just got a Fitbit in the mail.. and her mom has been using one for a month or so I think? They are pretty cool! I'd like to get a Fitbit.. but my Mom bought me my HRM and I love it =)

My only concern would be accuracy.. just because my HRM has a strap that goes right on your chest.. so it is getting your heart rate. I just don't see how the fitbit could be more accurate.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My only concern would be accuracy.. just because my HRM has a strap that goes right on your chest.. so it is getting your heart rate. I just don't see how the fitbit could be more accurate.

A FitBit isn't more accurate than a Heart Rate Monitor. They are two different devices that do two different things. I wear a HRM to see what I'm buringing during exercise and I wear my FitBit to track my activity throughout the day.
  • MikieMud
    Options
    Thanks everyone - you have all been so helpful.
  • rrbitter
    rrbitter Posts: 5
    Options
    Fitbit one, Swimsense for swimming, both work with my fitness pal
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit Link and I really am happy with it. It is very accurate and the information it provides is extensive and usable. I've had it since early December and it has helped me figure out what works for me personally. I'm almost to my goal! :0)
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    If you decide to go with the FitBit make sure to measure your stride and adjust that setting, that makes it far more accurate.
  • MikieMud
    Options
    Will do GPSTrucker - thanks for the advice. I ordered FitBit One - eagerly awaiting its arrival!