Polar FT7 washing instructions..?

Options
Hi guys!

I've bought the Polar FT7, used it two times, really, really happy with it!
In the manual, it says that you can wash it in a washing machine. But I'm kind of doubting about washing the strap in a washing machine, I mean, is it ''safe'', even with a washing pouch?

I'm just scared that the detergent will damage the electrodes :(

Anyone with experiences or anyone who can reassure me that it's safe? ^^

Replies

• Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've washed it, with no issues whatsoever. I don't wash it very often, to be honest. I'll rinse it out every once in a while in the sink, but that's about it.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I wash mine in the washer once each week and hang it to dry. After daily workouts, I hand wash it in the bathroom sink and hang it to dry. Hope that helps.
  • GreenEggsNHan
    GreenEggsNHan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 and it doesn't even work properly unless I wash it. But I don't use this washing machine... So I just remove the snap-on thing from the strap and wash the strap with warm water and soap. Always works great after that!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I've bought the Polar FT7, used it two times, really, really happy with it!
    In the manual, it says that you can wash it in a washing machine. But I'm kind of doubting about washing the strap in a washing machine, I mean, is it ''safe'', even with a washing pouch?

I'm just scared that the detergent will damage the electrodes :(

Anyone with experiences or anyone who can reassure me that it's safe? ^^

I handwash my FT4. In a washer I would use a super delicate cycle and air dry.
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had a ft4 and just hand wash in sink with mild soap and air dry. Had it a year, good results keeping it clean.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have washed my strap (strap only, not the transmitting device that can snap off) in the washing machine several times now, always putting it in a garment bag. it's been fine with the detergent and washing with all my other clothes. then I hang dry. no problems since july 2012!
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I only do it every few weeks, but I just chuck it in with the rest of the clothes. I probably should be putting it in a lingerie bag really. I have an FT60 but the strap is the same.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I wash mine in the machine, in a lingerie bag. It goes in the machine with my workout clothes at least once a week. I hang it to dry. Have not been having any trouble with it.
  • Iamfitforever
    Options
    Wow, awesome community; 8 replies within a few minutes!

Thanks for the reassurement guys. Going to try and wash it in the washing machine, in the upcoming week or the week after that (depends on the 'dirt' ).

If something's off, I'll just bump this thread with a new message.

Thanks again!
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a FT7 I hand wash mine with baby shampoo then rinse really well than towel dry, to help remove excess water ,than let air dry, its ready to go in couple hours. I wash it once a week.