Someday is Today.

Options
On September 1st I started a journey to become healthy. I was overweight and miserable. A simple set of stairs made me feel like a chain smoker. I was constantly tired, I was depressed, I started to develop pains in my legs when I walked. I went to a chiropractic clinic convincing myself that I had pulled a muscle due to ill fitting shoes. The chiropractor told me she would do what she could to help me with my pain; politely ignoring the elephant in the room. The problem wasn't my shoes, the problem was my weight.

I had stepped on a scale many times before, sometimes I scowled at the number, sometimes I cried over it, but I always told myself, "Someday.". The numbers slowly crept higher and I kept repeating that word over and over again yet not doing anything about it. I've always been a terrible procrastinator. One day I stepped on the scale and at it read 189.8 Lbs, I was 5'0" and carrying almost 190lbs on my small frame.

I didn't cry. I didn't scowl. I got angry. SERIOUSLY angry. I looked at that number and swore that I would never reach 190Lbs.

The next day I talked to my incredible grandmother and told her I wanted to enroll in the Ideal Protein program offered at a local clinic. The fee's were steep, but I had heard lots of positive things. She offered to front me the money to cover the cost. On September 1st I started the program, checking in every week with a registered nurse who took my vitals to make sure I wasn't losing weight too quickly. We set a goal, 125Lbs.

I was skeptical for a long time, I questioned how long it would be till I burned out. I had tried programs like Weight Watchers and Atkins, going to the gym after work, but I always got discouraged. The staff at the clinic were amazingly supportive. The consultants took the time to critique every bit of my food journal. They made sure I was drinking a gallon of water a day and that I was being safe. Soon enough, the weight started to come off.

It wasn't easy, at times it was so hard I seriously debated quitting entirely. I missed food, but the cravings started to go away. Soon I started to weigh myself every morning. I told each number that came up on the scale goodbye because I refused to see it again.

While I'm slightly disgusted I ever got that large, I'm incredibly proud. Seven months and close to 136 Gallons of water later... I hit my someday.

Loss-1.jpg

Note: It's not posting the picture. :grumble: Advice welcome!

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Loss-1.jpg

Lowercase the IMG tags.

Really amazing job =)
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Great job!!!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    wow awesome job! how tall are you?
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You have done a super amazing job!!!:flowerforyou: May you continue on with your successes!!
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • Neona
    Neona Posts: 28
    Options
    wow awesome job! how tall are you?

5ft... exactly.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic:flowerforyou:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Effort!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Red2_zps05149015.jpg?t=1363564053

Fantastic job!
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One day at a time and you've accomplishe something spectacular. Keep it up!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did you get younger? Haha! Amazing results! I am 5' tall as well, and I started at 196, so I feel your pain! You look fantastic!
  • cornitcher74
    cornitcher74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB YOU LOOK WONDERFUL. I JUST STARTED LAST MONDAY SO I HOPE I HAVE YOUR SUCCESS.
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    my story is so very similar, I am 5'7" and my starting weight was 224,and after about 4 yrs of denial, I started counting calories Sept 12, 2012 and the weight quickly started melting off! A couple months in I added the elliptical but very little, like 5 days a week, 15 min a day! Then in my 4th month added Zumba twice a week! So proud to say that 6 months in I have lost 51 lbs and have about 22 more to go to be where I need to be! I am so happy and feel so much better! I truly feel MFP helped save me from diabetes and other bad health issues that run in my family! WTG on your success, I can't wait to make goal, hopefully by June or July!
  • sweepysue
    Options
    wow looking forward to my sucess story!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! More importantly, you look really happy and confident in your new picture. Congratulations on a job well done!
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Beautiful job!! You look fantastic!!!
  • mindyt23
    mindyt23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You deserve to feel proud, and I bet your grandmother is proud too!
  • juniperbug1980
    Options
    Fantastic! You look incredible.
  • molina76853
    molina76853 Posts: 143
    Options
    Amazing! You look wonderful...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!