Is it bad NOT to be sore?

Options
I started the 30 day shred on Friday. I fully expected to be sore the next day. I was a little, but it wasn't anything as awful as is described by so many on these forums. Now, let me tell you, I am not a fit person. The workout was challenging for me to complete (although I did finish) and I was definitely tired and panting by the end. Is soreness in your muscles a sign that you have completed a good workout? Since I wasn't really sore does that mean I didn't push myself hard enough and the workout isn't really helping my body? Or can my muscles still be getting stronger without being sore? Thank you!

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Is soreness in your muscles a sign that you have completed a good workout?

no
    Or can my muscles still be getting stronger without being sore?

yes.

All that matters is making progress, not how sore you are.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

All that matters is making progress, not how sore you are.

^^This, for sure!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I posted this question before, and apparently you don't have to be sore to know you are having a good workout. Just don't stop :D
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You must be a strong person, I am on the 4 and i'm still sore!!

are you using dumbbells, i haven't been using them but i bought 5 pounds dumbells today..Im exicited to use them tomorrow

Sorry i didn't help much answering your question :(
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post a question about this, lol (thank goodness for the "search" button)

I was thinking the same thing, I did squats for 3 sets of 10 reps, and was fully expecting my legs to be sore and unable to walk, because I usually don't work my legs as a result of having weak knees, but i was able to push through for the most part with a 50lb barbell weighing me down and I did ATG, so needless to say, I felt actually bummed out that I wasn't sore this morning. I thought maybe I wasn't working myself out hard enough.