Some cool happenings :)

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
First of all, I'm a high school teacher. Whenever I show my students my "fat picture," they never believe it's me. They say how much younger and thinner I look now after it takes some convincing that the picture below was even me. :smile:

The second thing happened today. We went on a family outing to a museum of sorts (my husband, three kids, and me). I noticed and my husband definitely noticed that I got checked out at least three times! That didn't happen about 100 pounds ago! I actually didn't think I looked that good today, but my husband said it was because my clothes fit nicely :bigsmile:

Here's my heaviest picture (actually about 260 pounds):
260.jpg

Here's me from today (155ish pounds):
155pounds.jpg

Replies

• shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    WOW!!!! You don't even look like the same person!! That is awesome!! Great job!
  • MusicsMyElement
    Options
    WHOA!! I can see why they dont think its your pic! you look AWESOME!! Congrats!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Wow you look just great!!! How long did it take you? Could you share just a few pointers with a fellow MFP member? I'm at 260 now. I hope I can look as good as you someday.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congrats, chica! It's always nice to get checked out when you've never been checked out before. I've forgotten how that feels but am looking forward to remembering what it's like again, haha :)
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Beautiful! You look amazing. Congratulations!!! And hang on to that wonderful hubby of yours...he sounds very supportive, and super-proud of his hot wife!!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm a high school teacher too. My weight loss really stalls once school starts-too many hours grading in a chair. Any good suggestions to help me maintain my slow crawl toward my goal?
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    yes awesome job...how long did it take you to lose that much?
  • mstarliper30
    Options
    That had to be really cool for you. It's nice to know that others find you attractive. You've come a long way. Awesome Job!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    WOW! You do look like a different person. You are looking great! I am sure that it felt great to get checked out.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'll post here what I sent one of my MFP friends recently...

Let me start off by saying that this has been a long journey. My mom died of a massive heart attack in Nov. 2005, and a few weeks later is when I got serious about my weight loss. I started out doing Walk Away the Pounds and the first Biggest Loser dvd. I also walked outside. I upped my water intake to more than 64 oz daily, aimed for more whole grains, leaner meats, fewer fried foods, smaller portions, more fruits/veggies, and lowfat dairies. I now try to eat more cleanly as well. I have upped my exercise to include running, Turbo Jam, strength training (with videos, kettle bell, or by myself), and various other dvds. I've had two more kids in there, but overall, I would say it's taken me about 2 years total to lose the 92 pounds.

As for teaching I try to move around a lot during my classes to counteract my sitting during prep. I work on the second floor, so I use the stairs a lot, and I exercise when I'm not at school too.

Thanks for all the nice remarks!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and accomplishments, especially in light of such trying times in your life.

Continue to be proud of these moments! :bigsmile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Love those pictures that demonstrate the success of hard work and focus on a goal! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!