has anyone tried Sensa to eat less?

Options
Just curious because a lot of the time I will eat and I will still be hungry especially at night when I go to bed. Has anybody tried Sensa to suppress your appetite? A girl I know uses it and she said she still eats, she just sprinkles it on anything she eats and she only eats about half of what she used to and she feels full. She has lost 16 pounds in a couple of months. Anyone else tried it? any info would be appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lgstone
    lgstone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did. At first I thought it did squelch my appetite, but within a week, it really had no effect on me at all. I sure wish it did, and I didn't go into it skeptical…but for me it was a total flop. And an expensive one.
  • browneyes97
    Options
    I've tried Sensa. I didn't stick to it real well. I found it hard to sprinkle the sprinkles on some items, like pretzels (one of my fave snacks). I think it did help me lose weight but now I have some stomach issues and I wonder if maybe Sensa contributed to them. Of course, I have no proof of this; I only noticed the stomach issues developed after using Sensa.

I've come to think that there are no short cuts. It takes hard work to lose weight which includes eating healthy and exercising.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am also curious about Sensa. I don't want to try it...Does it make food taste different? I am curious about what about it makes you eat less.
  • shandom
    shandom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave sensa a try about a month ago. It gave me really awful headaches that excedrin extra strength couldnt take care of.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Sensa does something to the smell of the food that is supposed to trigger the "i'm full" response earlier so you stop eating sooner but, let's face it.. most of us got fat by ignoring that feeling in the first place.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My husband did it. It does have a taste but it is almost not noticeable. Basically always placing it on your food tricks your brain into thinking you are eating the same thing all the time and so in theory you will stop craving food. You can't use it on soups or anything that it can dissolve into. It never really worked for him because his issue wasn't really eating the wrong sort of foods or even eating because he likes the taste, its the quantity he has to take in before his stomach stops growling.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback guys! :smile:
  • farscape428
    Options
    i have not tried it but here is a pretty good review you might find useful

http://supplement-geek.com/sensa-weight-loss-review-tastant-side-effects/
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I got a free 30 day trial so I decided to try it and see if it will work for me. If anyone is curious you can add me to your friends and i will keep you updated on how it is working. Thanks again guys! :flowerforyou: