Hi,

Options
RLJAXON
RLJAXON Posts: 13 Member
Hi, I have just become a member, I am 42 years old...the past few years I have managed to pack on 25 very unwanted pounds. I used to be active jogged regularly and stayed in shape, well...Life has gotten busy, full time job, 4 kids, excuses, excuses, and 25 extra pounds later I need help!. So I am here to loose weight and get back into shape. It is tougher in my 40's than it once was...but I am determined.

Replies

• RLJAXON
    Options
    Hi, I have just become a member, I am 42 years old...the past few years I have managed to pack on 25 very unwanted pounds. I used to be active jogged regularly and stayed in shape, well...Life has gotten busy, full time job, 4 kids, excuses, excuses, and 25 extra pounds later I need help!. So I am here to loose weight and get back into shape. It is tougher in my 40's than it once was...but I am determined.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know how tough it is after 40. I'm 48 and a type II diabetic and I have managed to lose 5 of the 15 or so pounds that I'd like to lose. Keep working out and watching your weight and keep using the fitness pal. It's wonderful! It lets you exactly what you're eating. It opened up my eyes for sure.

I walk up to 6 days a week and I finally lost 5 pounds. I've been on this website for about 4 weeks. Sure, it may take a while, but it's sure worth it. I've lost inches and I'm seeing results. Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that did not fit when I bought them 6 months ago. Hurray!

Don't lose hope and keep going. It WILL pay off!
  • RLJAXON
    Options
    Good for you, I can't wait to be able to post some results.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well, my daughter turns 23 in November and sometimes it still feels like I'm still carrying the baby weight!!!!!

You know how God puts things in your life that turn out a bit positive? Well, I broke my front tooth and found out I need dental work (bridge) that will cost us about $1,300 out of pocket. I'm getting a second opinion in August, but the first dentist wanted $3,400 out of pocket expenses after our insurance only covered about $1,100. Well, having that broke tooth, which I keep in with tons of superglue, has brought some positive changes, if that's possible to imagine. I really baby this tooth and don't even put any kind of pressure on it and that forces me to take smaller bites and to chew my food slower. I think I was eating kind of fast before, so this has been an odd blessing. I'm praying that God will bless me soon with a fixed tooth and that my husband and I will be able to afford the repairs. If this new dentist works out I'll be cashing in my retirement plan and that should cover most of our out of pocket expenses. Now, all I have to do is be patient and wait till I can get it fixed. So, eating slower is good! Plus, when you keep your food diary you really see your portion size and how much you're eating and you can watch calories, carbs, fat, etc. It's helped me a lot.

Besides eating right and NOT eating 2 1/2 - 3 hours before bedtime plus walking several times a week, I feel that's the reason for my small success of losing 5 pounds. I'm hoping the next 10-15 pounds will be as easy!
  • adelsounds
    adelsounds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sound good
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    @adelsounds - you're replying to threads from 2007...