Help for post weight loss diet?

Options
Hello there! Well, let me get to the point. I'm on, what you would call, a quick-fix diet. I know, I know, it's not good, but I decided personally that this was the best option for me. After my weight loss success (hopefully in the near future), I want to continue exercising and eating properly. I was wondering how could I start that. Should I just bring my calorie intake up by a few hundred calories, continue my exercise regime, and try to stick with healthy foods?

I definitely don't want to gain the weight back, but I want to lose it as quickly as possible. I know for sure I'm not changing my program now. I just want to know what the best option would be for me.

Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• nmalany
    nmalany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say exactly how you should transition to maintaining your weight without knowing the plan you are using to lose it....but my first suggestion would be to have metabolic testing done once you reach your goal weight then you will have a better idea of what your calorie goal should be to maintain your weight. Most gyms have machines that measure your metabolism by monitoring you carbon dioxide/oxygen exchange for about ten minutes....they are not perfect but they are accurate enough for what you need and the testing is usually not too expensive. Once you know your calorie goal make sure that most of what you are eating in a given week is healthy (lean protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains, healthy fats) and you should have no trouble maintaing your weight loss.
    Good luck!!
    PS I am a Physician Assistant at a weight loss clinic so feel free to friend me if you have any other questions :smile: