jiggly thighs...oh boy!

Options
herky
herky Posts: 68 Member
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I could use some help...does anyone know how to tighten thighs?!

I mostly work out on the elliptical or bike about 5 days a week and I usually end up jogging or playing tennis about once a week.

My calves, butt, and abs have all noticibly tightened, but my thighs have remained the same mess that they were when I started months ago. Does anyone know how to specifically tone thighs? I do lunges and squats for my butt, but do they help thighs at all?
Unfortunately I inherited the same thighs as my mother.... :)

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    water aerobics....people will never understand this because it feels as if you are doing nothing but you burn so many calories and strengthen un touched muscles.....you can google it but theres a thigh exercise i do where i tread water and bend legs, as i tread water i just open and close my thighs at a very rapid pace...i normally do about 100 each time i do water aerobics.....you can actually feel the burn after about 50 and it feels awesome after you get out the pool...i've lost inches in my huge thighs and they are tightening up....
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I started Chalean Extreme 2 1/2 weeks ago and my thighs have gotten a lot tighter.
    Before that I would walk 1hr a day, 10 min solutions, and Windsor Pilates butt and thigh.
    Also 30 day shred helped my thighs as well.

A resistance band tied to form a circle helps a lot as well. You can do kick backs, side kicks, and press your foot forward with a raised bent knee also doing jumping jacks with it on works nicely as well.

HTH.
  • alyssaboo
    alyssaboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What you are doing sounds like it should definately be working your thighs but if you need a bit more, jumping squats are good. Jumping squats are especially good mixed with normal squats and wall sits, like if you do a few squats then a few jump squats and then hold the squat position for fourty-five seconds all in the same set. Also leg presses are a good workout for your thighs.
  • ClareRce
    ClareRce Posts: 79
    Options
    Try proper cycling and going uphill standing on the pedals. Worked for me and my thighs were like huge lumps of jelly after 3 months of no weight bearing after breaking my leg. You have to give it a good two months though ..
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Spinning classes are also amazing for toning thighs as well as a good cardio workout. Good luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    true enough, spinning and sprinting are good if you don't have access to weight if you're talking about increasing muscle density and strength in the thighs.

BUT

Jiggly parts are usually the result of fat, not lack of muscle, in which case, there's no type of exercise you can do to specifically target the area as you can't target fat loss. The only thing you can do is continue to eat at a healthy deficit, continue working hard, and measurements would be a good way to track progress.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    My thighs have significantly trimmed in size and jiggle and cottage cheese from walking lunges.
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would definatly have to agree with Ellem - Spinning classes have worked wonders on my theighs! They are no longer fat and wobbly - they are now toned and strong - not perfect, but I'm getting there!
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i will be listening to your advice and hopefully see some progress by the end of summer :)