Sick with the flu - HELP!

Options
I've lost 6 lbs in 4 days because I have had no appetite due to this nasty virus. To top it off, now that I do have somewhat of an appetite back, I can't keep anything down! It seems to have morphed into a stomach virus. :sick: What are some things that I can eat that won't send my stomach into a tizzy? Thanks!

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Can you keep fluids down? That is the most important thing right now. If not, it's imperative that you get to a doctor.

Bland clear liquids like juice and chicken stock, and bland foods like saltines and rice.

Feel better soon.
  • jessdq
    jessdq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can keep liquids down, but I'm hungry. :ohwell: Thanks for the help!
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I'd say anything tht sounds appetizing. Usually when I've been sick, I crave carbs, so I'd opt for Saltine crackers, Jello, toast, , popsicles, cereal...things like that.

Hope you feel better soon!!
  • giastu
    giastu Posts: 6
    Options
    I've lost 6 lbs in 4 days because I have had no appetite due to this nasty virus. To top it off, now that I do have somewhat of an appetite back, I can't keep anything down! It seems to have morphed into a stomach virus. :sick: What are some things that I can eat that won't send my stomach into a tizzy? Thanks!

I feel for you. I had the more horrible flu of my life a few weeks ago, lost 10lbs! It wasn't fun. :( Try to get some saltine crackers and nibble on them, maybe some plain toast. For liquids, water, ginger ale, c-boost was one of my favorites.. it's packed with vitamins. And if you get worse, go to the dr., they may have to give you an IV so you don't dehydrate. Feel better soon!!
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
    B.R.A.T. diet might help till your tummy is better....Banana, Rice (plain), Applesauce, Toast (plain)
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    sounds bad, but everytime i get sick like this i have hubby go get some white bread. nibble on toast, and some ginger ale through the day. if you get adventurous you can warm up some chicken stock and dip your toast in it.
    things to help with your upset tummy:
    ginger ale/ ginger in general
    peppermint- so like teas and such

hope you feel better soon~ <3
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My sympathies as any flu and/ or stomach virus is awful. Try the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and tea/toast. As a previous poster noted, keep an eye on your fluid intake - the issue is dehydration so even a few sips an hour is excellent.

Best of luck and hope you feel better so very soon :smile:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
    B.R.A.T. diet might help till your tummy is better....Banana, Rice (plain), Applesauce, Toast (plain)

Yes, this! Sorry you are feeling so yucky!:flowerforyou:
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. Ice-based, not milk.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Some toast or crackers. Maybe try some soup. Nothing too heavy
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bananas and rice. Although, not together...

Bananas are fairly bland and swallow easily, and are rather filling.

Rice is... rice. Good, starchy food. Low impact, easy to digest, have a nice day.

Good luck!