working out at home vs gym

Options
I have a busy schedule for the most part but wanting to get back on track. I have been calculating my intake but now need to up the ante and add some exercise into my routine. Which is why I want to ask if you find yourself to be more productive working out from home or going to the gym?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have a busy schedule for the most part but wanting to get back on track. I have been calculating my intake but now need to up the ante and add some exercise into my routine. Which is why I want to ask if you find yourself to be more productive working out from home or going to the gym?

It's really all personal preference. Some people can not get motivated to do one or the other, and others just simply prefer to do one or the other.

I personally like both. I don't have a squat rack or barbell with plates at home, so I go to the gym. I do cardio at home because I can't get motivated to be bored to tears for an hour on a treadmill.

You just have to determine which one you like best, because that is the one that you will be motivated to do.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Definitely personal preference, but you mentioned that you are short on time...if that is the case, try some great videos and start at home. I've achieved my goals so far with Jillian Michaels--all videos around thirty minutes. Good luck!
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I work out at home using dumb bells and workout videos. The thought of going to a gym makes me want die. I'd rather work out at home with minimal equipment where I don't feel self conscious.
  • adrienne_ut1
    adrienne_ut1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work out both at home and the gym and I get about the same results calories burn wise according to my HRM. Whatever makes it easier, more convenient and not as easy to talk yourself out of doing it is the best way to go :laugh:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am a bit shy and have never felt comfortable at a gym or class, so I am steadily building a supply of my own equipment and working at home. I am having much more success with just my family being around.
  • CassieAudette
    Options
    I use the Nike+ Fitness Pro program on the Xbox w/ Kinect. I hate working out in front of people, but this is easy to do at home at any point in the day when I have time!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've lost 73 lbs working out at Home. :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Gym. More equipment means a more well rounded workout.

I do however run and cycle and swim outdoors when the weather's good for it.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I do all my working out at home unless im running, that I either do outside or my moms treadmill
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    home.
    I do some JM workouts,plus I have some dumbells and a heavy bag for kicking/punching. I also walk my dogs .

I also go to Muay Thai twice a week