My name is Ravin and I am a gravy tank

Options
Hi there. I just joined the community sight not too long ago and have finally gotten serious about trying to shed some of this gravy off. I just started a biggest loser challenge at work with 21 teams of 6. I finally think i am getting motivation. I am a 31 year old female who is at her highest weight ever. I started this weighing in at 268. Since the first week I have lost 8lbs. I am hoping to lose quite a bit more. I need to be held accountable and i want to finally get into the habit of working out. I know there are some out there like me so i will tell you a background of my habits. First off I love to eat. in large amounts. I have no sense of portion control. I would (when i worked at Chili's) eat more than 1000 calories in a setting. I drink soda like it is going out of style. I would go through easily 5 or 6 16 oz glasses at the least a day. I could go through quite a few bottles of it as well. I drink beer. I would go through a 6 pack a night. now that i have been in this challenge i have cut my soda intake down by half. and trying to cut out beer as well. I don't have much motivation. I live in Cincinnati I go to life time fitness. I want to eventually be about 160. I am always looking for motivation to help guide me and meet new people to help guide them as well It is nice to finally put this on paper. I hope to hear from a few of you!

Replies

• ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi! And welcome. I hope you'll find that tracking your food will help you a LOT! The support here is awesome, and I wish you the best!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)

We are all here to help... Best of luck!!!

Ashley
  • akenesson
    akenesson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey... If your interested, I'm putting on a similar kind of thing over MFP... so far we've got 3 teams of 5... Might be a good way to keep accountability, meets some new people, and help them with their goals too... We start tomorrow!

If you wanna check it out check the group page here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12589-mfp-team-weight-loss-competition-biggest-loser

Either way... keep up the good work, and good luck!!!
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Girl you and me need ta talk. Lol I love to eat too. I love soda but I cut all that out. It messes with your sleepin that soda stuff I npticed. I caar this big nalgene bottle around everywhere I go and sometimes ill drink crystsl light. The fruit punch ones my fav. Lets b friends.