My success in 6 months!

Options
I am 5'7" and my starting weight was 224, I gained a lot of weight after my mom passed away in 2009 and after 3 yrs of denial, I started counting calories Sept 12, 2012 and the weight quickly started melting off! A couple months in I added the elliptical but very little, like 5 days a week, 15 min a day! Then in my 4th month added Zumba twice a week! So proud to say that 6 months in I have lost 51 lbs and have about 22 more to go to be where I need to be! I am so happy and feel so much better! I truly feel MFP helped save me from diabetes and other bad health issues that run in my family! I can't wait to make goal, hopefully by June or July! I feel fantastic and am so much happier! My pic is my starting weight and current!! Good Luck to all who just started and don't give up, it's still hard some days but the end result is so worth it!

Replies

• Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Good for you:)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your Mom. Great progress! Congrats!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have done great!! Keep up the good work!
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I completely feel your joy! I have been maintaining my weight loss of almost 40lbs....my initial goal was 27lbs, to fit back into my clothes, but then decided...eh....so now I am 4 days away from starting MFP....my one year anniversary....and I'm down 3 sizes. I still log everything I eat and exercise everyday into MFP on maintenance and swear that is the ingredient to my success...keeping myself accountable. In addition, I do 6-7 days a week of elliptical or walking and 5 days a week of Jillian Michaels...I rotate between her Shred and Ripped 20 minute tapes...she really knows what works. I am a true believer that more muscle burns more fat....I am living proof! Good luck on the remainder of your journey! I am proud of all of us who have reached any level of success....Here's to a healthier U.S.A.
  • faithwithroses
    faithwithroses Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We have so much in common!~ I am 5'7" - My mom was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer almost 7 years ago. Since then, I have been comfort eating. Initially, I lost weight. My normal weight at that time though was 135-140 I was happy with that at the time. When I started yesterday I was 172.4. (lost 1.6 already).......My mom is still here, however, she suffered a stroke 3 years ago, and again a massive stroke this December. She is non responsive. I can either be depressed and keep eating, or I can do this and be healthy for me and my kids. I went on my spinning bike yesterday, and to the gym on the elliptical today. I feel great. I cannot wait to see how I did after today. I am sorry for your mom. It is so hard. We are almost at the same weight now, so lets do this together!!!!!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    yay for us both and everyone here! it's not just a diet, it's a lifestyle change! I know we can do this together!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I also will be praying for your mom, I know all too well, my mom had about a 4 yr battle with her diabetes and then her organs slowly shutting down, she was only 59! one of the main reasons I decided my health needed to be priority last year! My kids need me! so glad I chose to do this!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I am so proud too, it's not easy but oh so rewarding!
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!! You look great.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • anyadelfuego
    anyadelfuego Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up.
  • nibiruuuuu
    Options
    Wow. That's amazing. Keep up the good work. :]
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! You look great !! So happy for you !
  • dianesc67
    dianesc67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, Great job!! Thanks for sharing your motivational story!!! So sorry about your Mom, I too lost my Dad when he was only 61, way too young!
  • Bretonlady
    Bretonlady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your Mom - I lost mine several years ago and my weight just piled up. I'd rather feel stuffed than empty. But you are so right - healthy feels so much better. Congratulations - you have done amazing! Thank you for inspiring me to knuckle down and continue on my journey. Awesome work!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the weight loss! Congrats!
  • mominator101
    Options
    Awesome job! Great story of overcoming a tragic situation and turning your life around! And very encouraging success, as I am on day 2, and emotional eating is what I must overcome, too. So sorry about the loss of your mom - I lost my dad several years back, and my mom is rapidly aging and in questionable health these days. It's a tough journey, but keep up the great work! .
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress. Sorry that you lost your mother. She would be proud of you I'm sure.
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    thanks everyone! if I can do it, anyone can :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about the loss of your mother, she would be so proud of you and what you have done for yourself. You have so much to be proud of! WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!