Either / OR ? Inches Vs Pounds

Options
Never thought id say this but i wanna lose inches more than weight right now. Do you think i shud just let the loss of inches come natural with the weight loss or look into some new excercise routines. I do alot of cardio nd weight lifting right now. Suggestions pls !

Replies

• bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days of cardio and 4-5 days of strength and I am currently averaging 1.5 lbs lost per week and 2.2 inches lost per week. I'm thrilled with the results. Ad I get closer to goal I will start to increase my strength training more but for now I love my routine.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Strength training has helped with inches far more than cardio for me. I'm lifting 15 pounds each for dumbells and a barbell with 30 pounds on it (not sure how much the bar itself weighs), I'm working my way up there but even what I'm doing now is helping tremendously.
  • adaowerri
    adaowerri Posts: 34
    Options
    I hear wht ur saying. Im avergaing abt 1.5 pounds per week but no inches. What kindof strength excercises are u doing ?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I lose more scale weight when cardio is done more than weight lifting. I lose more inches when i do more weight training than cardio. When I do a balanced program with both weight training and cardio, I lose both. To me, inches are more important. Who cares what I weigh if I look good (and I'm healthy)?