MASSIVE WEEKEND BINGE!!! PLS HELP

Options
ok so, I am a recovered, or recovering anorexic, I will say recovered because I did I just still have ed issues.
I am 6ft tall and weigh 140 ish lbs soon to be much more after this weekend. but I recovered to 160lbs so I have lost 20lbs. everyone would like me at 147lbs but I like being 140 or around there
I was doing so well and was so in control and I just ruined everything this weekend, I recently lost my nan and have started a new stressful job and I do not know what happened but I have binged from yesterday pm until now sunday evening, yes I purged some too and I know that's bad but I was in such a state honestly worst I have been since I recovered.

so what do I do now??? am disgusted with myself, like been crying all day long.
I am going to gain like 4 or 5 lbs,
has anyone else had issues or times like this? I don't know whats normal and whats not anymore.
I am so distressed, I have changed my settings to lose 1lb per week and I exercise a lot so am not going to log any exercise calories do you think this should shift anything I have gained before long?
many thanks and warm thoughts, never felt lower in my life what a horrid weekend xxxx

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The weekend will be over in a couple of hours...and then you get a 'DO OVER" Tomorrow... Stay strong and carry on!!!
  • clb1985
    clb1985 Posts: 17
    Options
    yep I feel all motivated for the week now I have a plan. cut back to lose 1lb a week on calorie settings and not log any exercise calories for the whole week not even going to wear my hrm so I don't know what they are so I wont eat them xxxx
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Firstly, stop beating yourself up! That's an ORDER!

You have had a stressful few days and it is not surprising if your eating doesn't go to plan or even goes horribly wrong.

You won't put weight on for one day's binge. If you ask anyone on here who weigh themselves daily, they will tell you that their weight fluctuates up to 5lbs in either direction on any given day. Your body doesn't lose weight or put it on over the course of one day's over or under-eating, but over the course of a week or a month.

So dust yourself down and try again tomorrow. You will have bad days again in the future. How do I know that? That's because we are human/normal/not perfect. Its how you react to the situation.

In the meantime, be kind to yourself while you are grieving. Speak to a counsellor again, if you need to. And if you can, try speaking to your boss about your personal situation - see if they can reduce the pressure that is on you for a while.

Take care xxx
  • clb1985
    Options
    awww what a lovely reply, thank you.
    You are right in everything that you say, today has been such an ordeal, crying, binging, purging, crying etc etc.
    new day and week tomorrow right though.
    I just haven't had a day like today in so long not since I was eating myself out of house and home during recovery which was horrendous.
    the mind is such a strange thing, its the guilt that is the worst. I think maybe I best not weight for a good few days. xxx
  • StephRay24
    Options
    Dude seriously, been there. The worst part, I logged it and saw how much it cost me. The only thing you can do is start off the next day the best way possible. Work hard and eat healthy. Make sure you drink lots of water to flush the excess bad stuff out quick. And know that there are obviously lots of people who care about you and want you to keep on your healthy path :)
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Try not to weigh yourself for a week or even a month if you can. I know for a lot of people that is tough to do.

I have had to divorce my scales as I used to be obsessed with seeing the 'right' number!

Now I weigh once a month to make sure I am going in the right direction. My only job, everyday, is to try to eat the best I can. I don't always get it right but I know that every day I do get it right is one better than I was doing before.

Take care and thanks for the add. x
  • clb1985
    Options
    than you, the more I look on here the more I see that I am no way the only one to do this.
    comforts me although I would not wish this on anyone but to know am not disgusting and weird for it.
    tomorrow is a new day, I have oats and water for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and a quorn and eggwhite salad for dinner plus couple pieces fruit and a body pump class.
    going to be so careful from now xxx
  • clb1985
    Options
    Try not to weigh yourself for a week or even a month if you can. I know for a lot of people that is tough to do.

I have had to divorce my scales as I used to be obsessed with seeing the 'right' number!

Now I weigh once a month to make sure I am going in the right direction. My only job, everyday, is to try to eat the best I can. I don't always get it right but I know that every day I do get it right is one better than I was doing before.

Take care and thanks for the add. x

thank you I think I should definitely stop weighing myself maybe set a once a month rule actually that would be good xxx
  • Joycie13
    Joycie13 Posts: 9
    Options
    STOP beating yourself up! You ARE human and you are responding to the environment that you are in right now, just like we all do. I guarantee you that the sun will raise again tomorrow and a new day will begin. Start fresh and new tomorrow
  • clb1985
    Options
    :smile: thank you tomorrow is a new day and new week xxx
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, tomorrow is a new day and you'll get back on track, no problem. You don't have a whole lot to lose overall, so just be patient and treat your body right. Setting MFP to 1lb or even 0.5lb per week is a great way to go, and then the MFP setting is designed for you to eat back any exercise calories and still lose weight. Depriving yourself of proper fuel for your workouts might set you up for more binging later. You can do this. :)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wake up tomorrow and continue like NOTHING EVER HAPPENED!!!! You will be okay! I have had awful binges, felt horrible afterward and STILL lost the weight! You can do it too! Just remember before you do it again, how bad you feel now!

8215698.png
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much going to tell you the same thing as everyone else.

We all have days where we go over our calorie intake and that's not bad. You're going to have those days. I've had those days before too. Some days you just don't want to be restricted because of various reasons and that's fine. As long as you don't make it a habit. Honestly, one day (or one weekend, in this case) is not going to affect you that much in the long run anyway and tomorrow is a new day and the beginning of a new week, so forget about the past and just focus on the future. :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Tis k, I took a week binge with no exercise because of spring break. But I'm not killing myself over it because tomorrow is the end of spring break and time for dieting and exercise once again. But I think it was okay because I've lost 20 pounds so far and have been committed daily since December :D one week break ^^ its okay, just don't do it every day :3
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    just keep on keepin on!! I had a WEEK of binge eating- gained a little bit of weight, but DONT sweat it... just keep trying!!!!
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are in my prayers for continued healing and steady recovery. I don't get through one day on my own, I need help from above and get through one meal at a time!
  • kedlyo
    kedlyo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Get in to a trusted counselor if you can. Let them know you're trying to lose. I may have misunderstood your post, so correct me if I did please. It sounds like you are at 140, and you like to be there, and that is even lower than 'they' want you to be. So do you really need to lose right now? What about focusing on fitness (i.e. building strength, bone density, etc.) and staying off the scale for a while? As someone who is close to a person struggling with ED, I know it is important to keep in touch with your counselor, to keep doing the mental work of recovery, and to forgive yourself for mistakes. Mistakes aren't fatal, they aren't the end, and you will not die alone in a gutter (which is my brain's initial reaction to all failures). You'll wake up tomorrow strong, smart, and capable of success!
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no, no! Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a fresh day, and nobody is going to gain 5 pounds from one little binge. Stay on a path of loving yourself and forgiving yourself and treating your body like gold. You want to know a secret? I have steadily lost weight since I joined mfp ... even though I PIG OUT one day a week! That's right, for just one day a week, I eat whatever the heck I want - probably about three or four times the calories I'm supposed to have in one day. And everything is still going just fine with the weight loss. I think I keep my metabolism guessing, fill my cravings, fill in some nutritional gaps that I'm missing, and just have fun by giving myself one guilt-free, anything-goes day. So you're not "off track." We all need to pig out once in awhile. I weigh myself only once a week - every Sunday morning before breakfast. When I weighed myself every day, it could jump up by 4 pounds overnight and discourage me, but if I limit my weighing to once a week, then I see the general trend rather than the minute fluctuations. Now, I'm sure you know this, but .... no more purging. Seriously. It can hurt you, and it's not being loving to yourself. Talk to yourself like you would to a beloved friend, child, or family member .... and then follow your own advice. Be kind to yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. You're not alone on here. Even though we're all disembodied keystrokes .... we do care! All the best to you on your journey. oxoxo
  • invincible_summer
    Options
    I don't think you should be using MFP. You aren't well enough for it. Just focus on eating regularly every day.

Throw away your scales.
  • invincible_summer
    Options
    At 6'0 and 140ish, you have a BMI of 19.

Anything under 18.5 is considered underweight,

I have no idea why the other people commenting are suggesting you 'get back on track' to lose weight.