I can't be the only one!

Options
2»

Replies

• okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes. THe eyes jump to the less stellar parts and ignore the improved areas. I really have to make my self LOOK at them and acknowledge the success. SO much easier to see the bad sots. I have has much more practice with that ! HA! I TRY to make my self examine and note a improved spot for at least as long as the "Bad "spot when I catch myself being negative. NOte: Try: not always working...
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I look at myself clothed and I really see the progress, but when I jump out of the shower and look in the mirror I still see the same body from 70 pounds agi and realize how much work I still have left. Please tell me I am not the only one fighting this vanity battle.
    Oh you are SO not alone.......
  • adoreabella
    Options
    You totally are not alone! We all go through it. I still see the same old me when I look in the mirror. You have done so well though, keep it up :)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    when i look in the mirror i still see myself 8 kgs heavier too, I cannot see the progress my self but everyone else around me can! back me loose hope some times but the scales are showing otherwise
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Not at all alone. Our minds take longer to catch up to us than our bodies.

^^^This. You are definitely not alone dear, I'm in the same boat. <3

Feel free to add me if you like and we can battle the mental demons together!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It took me a good 60+lbs to start to really see that I had in fact changed. Keep with it. Do not give up and you will be rewarded. Hang in there and keep on keepin on! You are doing great.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    No you are not the only one. And lucky me, I have mirrored closet doors. in the bathroom mirror, there are three differant parts, If I stand just right between two sections.... I look so thin. lol

I was over flowing size 26 jeans. Now I am comfortable in my 18's. I want to be comfortable in 8's. :)

Just keep on keeping on.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Every. Day.

I see more of a difference now than ever..
    but the naked/mirror combo is still like a rude way of motivating me to keep my fitness regiment up.. :sad:
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Im the same way. Its a struggle to see yourself as new
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It took me almost a year and over 80 pounds lost to start seeing glimpses of the old me in the mirror again. And then I remembered why the old me spiraled into full-blown anorexia in my twenties.

All this hard work and I still do not have a perfect, fashion model physique, damn it!

So I remind myself that if everyone was born with the potential to look like a runway model, the poor things would be strutting their stuff in the unemployment line. And then I grumble and go on with what I do have the best I can.

I can't turn back time, I can't go back and pick better looking parents. If I could I'd pick some rich European geniuses with no back problems while I was at it!

Guess what I'm trying to say is, be patient, the old you will show up again eventually. And then accept that the old you has all the old flaws to pick at and maybe some new ones from getting older and from having been overweight for awhile. And even still, it's worth the effort.

Photos help, too. Clothed or otherwise. Just be careful where you store the otherwise ones!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    All I need to do is look at old pictures when I feel like ****. I wake up every morning and see if anything is different. I don't weigh myself that often, but I do look in the mirror every morning topless.

People think I might be having weight issues because they think I don't need to lose more weight... but that's WITH close on. They don't see my hip to waist ratio which is still 1.1. Anything over 1 is at risk. :\

It's a balancing act. Don't be hard on yourself, but don't slip into complacency because of all the positive feed back.. take the small victories when you can and keep motivated. People criticize me for wanting to be in the middle of my health BMI range... I could care less what my weight is. I want to LOOK good. It's not vain to want to look good. Being vain is almost in the same category of arrogance where you put your needs before others...

Don't let you be an enemy
    Don't let hippie *****ers be your enemy
    Inspire yourself and let others inspire you whilst you inspire them back.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I just realized this today. It isn't just that my clothes are looser - as a matter of fact, I was wearing an old pair of smaller shorts when I realized it. I look better in clothes, but naked, I feel like maybe I am smaller, but still exactly the same shape, including the same pot belly.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh yes. At 20 + pounds weight loss I thought the changes were my imagination. It helps mentally to measure at least your hips about once a month to help you realize that yes your body is getting smaller. lol
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I feel like as I progress along this journey, I've become more critical of myself >.< Things which never used to bother me that much (tummy? no worries - I know this outfit will camouflage it!) now stand out when I look in the mirror. I also do realise how far I've come sometimes when I see pictures of myself and think - wow, is that really me? I can't believe I look like that. Going to start heavy lifting to try and get my body closer to where I wanna be ^^
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I totally feel like I am still this huge blobular unattractive THING. It's really frustrating sometimes but I am just trying to be patient and keep doing what I am doing and hope eventually everything smooths itself out...