Has anyone on here tried the Herbalife diet program? (:

Options
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has tried the Herbalife diet program and if so, what were your results? And would you recommend anyone else using it? Also, if possible, how much weight have you lost since you started or are currently losing?
Thanks a bunches,
xo . (:

Replies

• airyn1
    airyn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time or money. The shakes don't taste good at all and the pills don't do anything for you. The only thing lighter is your wallet after you drop $200 on a month's worth of products.
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was going to try it but changed my mind. MFP is working well for me & I get to eat food rather than shakes! I did however buy the Herbalife fat burning tea from Ebay which cost £15 for a small tub and to be honest it made no difference to my weight loss, did not give me bags of energy as stated infact the only thing it did do was keep me awake at night. I would lie for 2 hours tossing & turning!

Airyn1 is correct, keep your money!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    when will people learn that quick fixes dont work. its really simple:

good food at a calorie deficit. that's it.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    Isn't Herbalife basically a pyramid scheme? I wouldn't trust any company that needs to dupe the financially illiterate into pushing its products.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I was going to try it but changed my mind. MFP is working well for me & I get to eat food rather than shakes! I did however buy the Herbalife fat burning tea from Ebay which cost £15 for a small tub and to be honest it made no difference to my weight loss, did not give me bags of energy as stated infact the only thing it did do was keep me awake at night. I would lie for 2 hours tossing & turning!

Fat burning tea? £15 is insane for what is probably low grade green tea mixed with some herbs claimed to have a stimulant effect. Did it at least taste nice?
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Fat burning tea? £15 is insane for what is probably low grade green tea mixed with some herbs claimed to have a stimulant effect. Did it at least taste nice?
    I got raspberry flavour, it was alright but not the best! It comes in lemon & original too. The £15 spent would probably have got me a weeks worth of dinners aswell!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I use the products and have for 2 years. I initially lost 15lbs (187 to 172) in 6 weeks and kept it off with no change in workouts. @ 61, I’m currently entered in the NC STS Body Transformation Challenge and have lost an additional 5lbs. with 8 weeks to go. Bottom line, it works if you do! BTW, average meal replacement cost for the Advanced program is ~$3.75 Good luck in whatever you do.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Buddy of my boyfriend just joined the herbal life sales team. its kind of annoying when he's posting about it on fb all the time, but I'll be damned if he isn't a good sales person! I mean I won't buy it because I think its a pure waste of time, but If i were a desperate sucker for things like that he'd have me hook, line and sinker. He's swearing by it, although he's always been a pretty active, fit person despite being a large man, Im pretty sure its all muscle though.
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My mom used it for a while as well as some friends of hers. They did lose the weight but they did not look healthy at all. Their faces looked older and sunken. I don't think its worth it. Stick to my fitnesspal. Slow weightloss is so much better.
  • mym716
    mym716 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for the insight everyone ! I really appreciate it :D I'm gonna stick to doing it the healthy way (:
  • jsnitchler
    Options
    I'm currently ending my third Weight Loss Challenge with Herbalife, using their products and I've lost 40 lbs since last July. I know it's not a quick weight loss, but slow and steady will help me keep it off. I only do one or two shakes a day, as well as using other products. I should also mention that I won the first two challenges! Money helped keep me motivated and on target.
  • pudgy5
    pudgy5 Posts: 6
    Options
    I really mistrust diet plans that use herbs and pills etc ,because what are you going to do later / gain it back or keep on pills etc . I feel one has to eat normal foods and control those by smaller servings , and counting calories ... I had a cup of mushroom soup for lunch - 200 calories !!!! who'd a thought it ? I lost 32 pounds years ago in my fifties , swam a lot etc (good toning ) but at over 80 just want to be more active easily , and MFP fits that and all else just so - wonderful plan and site .
  • lynnbonnes
    Options
    Well I started n within 6 weeks lost 26lbs and still losing I love it loads energy loads clothes and also has put off me having knee surgery cause pain is less