A non diet challenge

Options
I was just listening to the radio, and they were talking about the homeless families and their children. This church is gathering new or used clothing and toys. Also they are in need of canned goods.
My challenge to all of you is to donate something to a local drive for Christmas.
I am donating all my clothes that are getting big, my son's clothes and jacket he out grew, and all my daughters cloths she out grew, and my husbands too. I am also going through all the toys. I will go to the grocery store and buy healthy soups and canned goods. I hope you can help to .
Happy Holidays.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I was just listening to the radio, and they were talking about the homeless families and their children. This church is gathering new or used clothing and toys. Also they are in need of canned goods.
    My challenge to all of you is to donate something to a local drive for Christmas.
    I am donating all my clothes that are getting big, my son's clothes and jacket he out grew, and all my daughters cloths she out grew, and my husbands too. I am also going through all the toys. I will go to the grocery store and buy healthy soups and canned goods. I hope you can help to .
    Happy Holidays.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good idea ICANDOOT!
    And here are a few reasons WHY it is a good idea!
    1) No reason to go back! When we lose weight, we sametimes keep clothes that are too big for us, because we think that we MIGHT go BACK to that size and we NEED to have something to wear.
    HOWEVER! I would keep just ONE thing from "BACK WHEN" so you remember that you DON'T want to go back there!
    2) Giving is a 2 fold process. It feels GOOD to give! When you feel good, you also are more apt to do good for yourself at the same time!
    I will met you all at the donation counter!
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Well said diannholland1965.
    We donated total between the whole family-7 yard garbage bags of clothes and shoes, and 2 paper grocery bags of canned goods.
    It felt great. That is what the holiday season is all about.