Ready for Change

Options
Hi! My name's Chantelle. 19 year old university student from Canada. I've dealt with body image issues for as long as I can remember (perhaps around the age of 6). I'm just looking to lose weight and gain some confidence! I could use all of the support that's available. I tend to stop caring when stressed or under pressure - something I'd love to change.

Currently I'm 5'3", and weigh 153 pounds. Looking to get down to 130 and see how I feel.

What helped you the most when you first started your weight loss journey?

Replies

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I changed my diet first, then upped my exercise. When I added in strength training, that's when the real weight loss kicked in. Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :0)
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi Chantelle!

I think what helped me most when getting started was writing out clear goals and also watching people who had already been successful and getting motivated from their success. It helps to see others do what you want to accomplish I think. Good luck as you get started!
  • sarahgip
    sarahgip Posts: 30
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I weigh 151.. when I started my journey I weighed 166... I am tring to reach 135 or so... what helped me was that I stepped on the scale and seen the 166 and was yikes.. and that in itself motivated me. now what keeps me motivated is seeing the weight loss results and the definition in my body....