Enquires about the brand of HRM

Options
Other than Polar, is there other brands easy to use for HRM?

Replies

• WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do you not like Polar? I heart mine.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, Timex. Timex is also cheaper but may not be as accurate. I love my polar
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - easy to use and has served me well for over 2 years.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with Polar! If I was buying one today, I would definitely get one with Bluetooth.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I believe there's also Garmin and Timex, and definitely more out there - but I also have the Polar and lovelovelove it! :love: Bought 2 more as gifts!

There's tons out there, just depends on your price point and your needs. #1 things i recommend tho is that it comes with a chest strap, it's pricier but gives more accurate count.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    I thought polar was over rated until I bought the Polar FT4 for $40, and im hooked, I will stick with Polar from now on
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I believe there's also Garmin and Timex, and definitely more out there - but I also have the Polar and lovelovelove it! :love: Bought 2 more as gifts!

There's tons out there, just depends on your price point and your needs. #1 things i recommend tho is that it comes with a chest strap, it's pricier but gives more accurate count.

What about the Polar FT4 which is a watch?
    The FT4 comes with a chest strap, the watch just shows you what the chest strap reads
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Love my Garmin. LOVE IT,

FR70 and it came with the strap. Was over $100 though but I've used it faithfully for a year without one glitch.
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the New Balance N4 as well and it is very easy to set up, use and save your workouts.
  • BlackJack96
    BlackJack96 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think the FT4 does store as many workouts as the ft7 and also does not allow upload off the watch. I have the ft7 and I bought the $50 flow link adapter to upload to the polar website. It's nice since you can see your progress and really feel like an "athlete" and motivate yourself. The price difference between the ft4 and ft7 is like 5-10 bucks so it may be worth it for you.

THe ft40, 60, 80 series add the ability to do VO2Max which the 4 and 7 do not have. If I had to do it again I'd get the ft80 for $200 since it comes with the flowlink. HOwever, if you're not sure the f7 is a good start.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I thought polar was over rated until I bought the Polar FT4 for $40, and im hooked, I will stick with Polar from now on

So is polar FT4 useful?
    its great, i not too fancy, easy to use, I love it.