Fat Calves

Options
So, I've always had pretty fat calves, even when I was at my thinnest, they were still pretty thick. They are muscular, but there's also a layer of fat on top of that. I was just wondering if anyone else out there deals with this, and if so, did they get slimmer as you lost weight? Or am I destined to have fat calves forever? I'm tired of not being able to wear normal knee high boots!

Replies

• chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i'm the same way. they are just muscular so embrace it. same with my thighs; they are very strong and yet i have trouble finding the right pair of skinny jeans.

i say embrace your body shape. up your cardio and do HIIT programs to burn cals but if in the end your calves are still big, then that is your body shape.

i've been doing HIIT programs since last year and i still have huge calves; they are very muscular and unless a boot has an elastic running down the side, i cannot fit into them!
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! My legs are definitely 'big boned' so I'm okay with them since they've been that way for as long as I can remember. I'd rather have muscular legs than twigs anyway, I guess!
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was actually having a conversation with my trainer at the gym today about my calves, because I don't like that I can't buy many tall boots, since my calves don't fit into them. :( He pointed out how strong I am and how much I've been able to squat and press, and how responsible my calves are for that movement. How I wouldn't be able to do any of that if my legs were little twigs. That made me feel better about them. :)