Lost It, Gained it Back, Welcome Back to MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So how did you lose it and why do you think led to you gaining the weight back? Were you on a diet program? Did you exercise to help lose then quit all together? What other influences led this to happening?

I ask because you could do the same again, but still not have the problem identified.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I gained it back because I had a change of career, go lazy, and reverted to old habits.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here again too after losing 38 and regaining 25! I wish I could figure out a true "cure" for my food addiction
  • sonjetaylor
    Options
    Hi Robin, I'm also new to MFP, I had lost 50lbs in 2008 and yep you guessed it gained it all back. So here I am looking forward to losing the weight and adapting to a healthier life style and this time around I'm gonna keep the weight off. Good luck everyone
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was 1# from my goal weight and then gained back 14#. Slowly losing it again and wondering what I should change to keep it off. So frustrating!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    So how did you lose it and why do you think led to you gaining the weight back? Were you on a diet program? Did you exercise to help lose then quit all together? What other influences led this to happening?

I ask because you could do the same again, but still not have the problem identified.

IDEA Fitness member

I gained it back because I had a change of career, go lazy, and reverted to old habits.
    So what are you expecting to do different this time around to try to ensure that it doesn't happen again?

IDEA Fitness member
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    Hi Robin, I'm also new to MFP, I had lost 50lbs in 2008 and yep you guessed it gained it all back. So here I am looking forward to losing the weight and adapting to a healthier life style and this time around I'm gonna keep the weight off. Good luck everyone

Well if you want to lose it my suggestion is to add alot of friends and constantly be active in this site. Posting, replying to messages in your groups you join and staying focused on your goal. Dont let temptation get the best of you.
  • RobinRayn
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

So what are you expecting to do different this time around to try to ensure that it doesn't happen again?

IDEA Fitness member

I plan to be an active participant on this site to stay motivated and goal oriented and at the gym daily. I am trying to make it a habit. Watch my portions and enjoy doing it rather than forcing myself to hard too fast.
  • Twistedlime
    Twistedlime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin! Welcome back :) I'll send a request bc I know what you're going through. I have gained a few back and desperately trying to lose it and continue on to my goal.
    Anyone who is motivated and supportive feel free to add me, too. I try to be that way for my MFPs in return.
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    Has anyone just totally given up before after alot of progress and gained it all back?
  • victorshnaydruk
    victorshnaydruk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add me ))) lets do this
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is my first time really trying to loose weight. How did you guys gain it back? That is a bit worrisome, since you obviously know what and how much you could eat (otherwise you could not have lost it in the first place).

You gain it back by giving up, getting lazy, resorting back to bad habits in seek of comfort. Weight loss for me has not ever been easy because I in particular am a comfort eater. When I am sad, lonely, or bored I eat. Breaking a life long habit like that aint easy. Though if you are properly motivated and educated is possible.

To prevent going back to your old weight CBT works for some - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, I'm Robyn. lol sending FR now :)
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It is my first time really trying to loose weight. How did you guys gain it back? That is a bit worrisome, since you obviously know what and how much you could eat (otherwise you could not have lost it in the first place).

i lost 70, then gained 25 back. because i love food and i binge, on top of probably have an eating disorder. feel free to add me.
  • x0_ncr
    x0_ncr Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm Natalie! Feel free to add me! :)
  • RobinRayn
    Options
    Im still doing well with my diet anyone want friends?
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    I know that feeling.
    1st Time:
    287 lbs-205 lbs (Lost 83 lbs)

2nd Time: Current.
    260 lbs-182 lbs (Lost 78 lbs)
    Goal: 170 lbs

Welcome.
    :)