The Secret Nerd Society

Options

Replies

• Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hard to keep a secret; frankly, I embrace it. I've logged over 370 hours in Skyrim, play video games during 75% of my free time, love my college major (and write a blog so I can gush about it), read a lot for fun, and regularly cite memes and internet culture during my everyday life.

If we're gonna get real stereotypical, I also wear glasses and used to have an overbite.

Nerd reppin'.

I feel like we're the same person. :D
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haha, awesome!

I really like that I tend to have a fairly decent balance with my nerdery, though!

I like fashion, interior design, graphic design, hipster clothes, hiking, drinking, and going to raves.

Sooo, I'm kind of a cluster***k of "cultures" I guess!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE NERD! I don't even know where to begin. Everything from Art, History, and Psychology to trivia and Doctor Who!!! I use to run a video arcade and grew up on video games (the Atari generation, baby)! I love Jeopardy, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. My favorite magazines are Mental Floss and Psychology Today. Favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, and Good Eats (love Alton Brown!), I have a list on Twitter called "Nerds Unite" with the absolute geekiest, nerdiest randomness out there. I made TARDIS bras for a breast cancer charity event last year, and have a ton more art and crafts planned for 2013 and beyond. I love being a nerd! :bigsmile:

Feel free to friend me! We can be nerdy together!
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nerds Я us
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    What? No, I'm a cool kid!
    This isn't hischool anymore, you can't just put me in my locker!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am a big ol' nerd, it's no secret! I came out of the nerd closet in high school and never looked back. Now I have a nerdy job that I love, and my friends are all awesome nerds. Nerd is the new cool, as far as I'm concerned. And if it's not, I don't care. :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the closet at all... Everyone knows I'm a nerd :)
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across this topic while taking a break from world-building for the fantasy novel I'm writing :laugh:

Does this get me membership to the Secret Nerd Society? (Also, can we stick something that begins with an E in between Nerd and Society? Because then the acronym would be SNES, which would be awesome.)
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across this topic while taking a break from world-building for the fantasy novel I'm writing :laugh:

Does this get me membership to the Secret Nerd Society? (Also, can we stick something that begins with an E in between Nerd and Society? Because then the acronym would be SNES, which would be awesome.)

<3 Haha, I love you for that comment.

Secret Evil Nerd Society?
    Secret Existential Nerd Society?
    Secret Enlightened Nerd Society?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

LOL, No body puts baby in a locker, I'll protect you
  • chessgeekdavidb
    Options

or in a binder

m-BABY-IN-A-BINDER-460x307.jpg?7
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

or in a binder

m-BABY-IN-A-BINDER-460x307.jpg?7

LOL OMG How did you find that? Your a True Nerd...
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The closet exploded around me last time I cast fireball, and took out half the party. Oops.

I play D&D, tabletop and by e-mail. I gave up my WoW obsession for law school. I own a bat'leth. I speak Klingon. I met my husband on Usenet (alt.atheism and talk.origins). I have LARPed, and will LARP again. I think SCA is for sissies, and prefer semi-live steel (although not so much these days.) I have been to many Star Trek, comic and atheist conventions. This new Dr Who is ok, but it's not *actually* Dr Who, so why bother? I read Game of Thrones in 2003 and tried to convince everybody else I knew to read it, but got told they didn't lke that nerdy fantasy stuff - and now it's all I see people reading on the train.

The first gifts my then boyfriend now husband ever gave me were a copy of Might & Magic 4, Neverwinter Nights and the first 5 Laurel Hamilton books (before they turned into vampire pr*n.) I knew it was love. He has been in a play by e-mail D&D game that has been going on since he was in universit. That's about twenty years. We moved our book collection onto Kindle so we didn't have to move all 3000 books again.

Our wedding rings are in Dwarvish, because Elvish is common.

So, yeah, I qualify, I think.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    Options

LOL OMG How did you find that? Your a True Nerd...

Stuff like that was all over the place right after the infamous "Binders full of women" comment in the last presidential debates.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Why would I hide the most awesome traits about myself?
    Video gamer
    D&Deer
    RPGer
    Artist, Poet, anime watcher

Did somebody say "vampire hunter D"? I'll raise you a "heavy metal alchemist"
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Our wedding rings are in Dwarvish, because Elvish is common.

Hee. I love you guys.
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is a lego T Rex in front of a Tetris lamp... I don't put much effort into hiding it!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Remember the power of nerd.

3peimk.jpg
  • DaniEdge9
    DaniEdge9 Posts: 34
    Options
    There are no closets that would hide my nerdiness. So yeah it's pretty much out there.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Closet nothing