the BEST protein pancakes

Options
jamiek917
jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
granted, i havent tried many- but after reading the reviews on the recipe below, i had to try it. This recipe gets its protein from the egg whites and cottage cheese- no protein powder is needed. For those of you who dislike cottage cheese (like i do!)- NEVER FEAR- i swear you don't taste it! My husband and i made this over the weekend for the first time, doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of PB2 for extra flavor (who knows if it made a difference or not). but we both agree- delicious (reminded me a french toast) and FILLING! we put a little sugar free syrup on it, and then declared we will make this every weekend :)

1 Serving is 3medium sized pancakes
the calorie count below is for the ingredients i used (to include the extra 22 cals and respective macros for each serving of the PB2)
Calories - 340, Total Fat - 7g, Carb. - 37g, Protein - 32g, Fiber - 6g

1/2 cup Oats (we used 1-min oats, but im sure most will work)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (we used 2% because thats what we had)
1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites (we used egg whites- 1/2c= 4 egg whites)
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
water ( optional ) (we didnt use any)

1. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and process until smooth and combined. About 30 seconds to 1 minutes. If batter seems too thick to you, add a bit of water to loosen.

2. Heat med nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray on med-high heat. Add batter the way you would for any normal pancake and spread evenly. When bubbles form on top and the edges start to get dry, flip and cook other side. Repeat with the rest of batter.

enjoy. and thank me later. seriously- SO GOOD!

Replies