Sugar Detox - Questions

Options
Hello!

Straight to the point, I'm planning to start a 28 day (if possible +) sugar detox/cleansing. I've pretty much completed the initial preparation by getting rid of all of sweets and foods that contain some sort of sugar content and I'm almost ready to start this challenge.

First off, a little background of my working routine and eating habits.

I usually spend 1.5 to 2 hours a week weight lifting and an average of 30-45 minutes of cardio everyday.
My consumption was at 2800kcal maintenance for 2 months. But until just recently, I lowered my intake to 2300kcal (2800kcal - 500kcal ) - cutting the extra fat out before summer.

To be really frank, I am a bit worried how my body might react if I maintain the same level of workout minus any sort of sugar intake.

Without any sugar to energize myself before my workout, will the detox affect my training performance? If so, what can I do to compensate? Should I still maintain the same amount of training during my detox?

Another thing I am a bit worried is the fact that I exercise a lot and am planning to maintain a calorie deficiency.

Is it possible to do the sugar detox while maintaining a calorie deficiency+workout?

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Timmi1978
    Timmi1978 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Especially within 15 minutes after the workout your body will need some "fast" carbs for you to recover properly. In your case you might want to eat a banana, or another piece of fruit.

If you consume fast carbs right before your training, then your body will burn these calories before burning body fat. So the best way is to eat a proper meal, following your plan, about 2 hours before exercise.

In general, if you have a calorie deficit and you workout very hard, make sure you get good rest, consume enough proteins, and eat ideally 5-6 times a day - each meal/snack must contain proteins. Good snacks with proteins are almonds, nuts, hard boiled eggs and whey-protein.