Lying lables!

Options

Replies

• kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I saw that on the news yesterday. (didn't look at the link, just assuming it is what we saw yesterday)
    I am with you - I won't eat those things anymore. I try hard to avoid the overly processed foods like that anyway. And the sodium... oy! don't get me started!! haha!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow! And we thought we could trust them!!!
    I guess shopping from the edges of the food store (fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, milks, the basic items) is the best way to shop.
    Thanks for the info.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do however like Trader Joe's. If you have one near you, you should check it out. They have frozen items like chicken burgers and buffalo burgers that are really good and healthy for you. I also get cheddar popcorn from there. It's a great night time because the protein+fiber+fat are more than the carbs. I measure them out into ziploc baggies to keep my portions under control. I also get my luna bars from there because they are cheaper. They have great organic pot roasts and 100% whole wheat tortilla wraps with rolled oats and flaxseed which is very healthy for you. Yesterday I picked up a veggie wrap with hummus that was awesome and it fit into my food plan perfectly! If you don't have a Trader Joe's, try Whole Foods. I'm sure they are quite similar and you could find some great buys.
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    @Kelly Tell me about it. I dont eat alot of salt to begin with but its scary that the FDA allows this
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    @cdavis 1126 We dont have trader Joes around here in Fla. I think the closest one is in GA. We do have whole foods and I do shop there but I still dont get the frozen meals. We affectionatly call Whole Foods, Whole Paychecks because of the expense but some things are worth it.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i just watched this friggin video....
    seriously????
    i can not believe it....
    sooooo now i'm back to leftovers, salads, tuna, sandwiches and other healthy homemade options...
    at least then i'll know what i'm putting in my face....
    i'm pissed at the blasey attitude of the food companies representative...we rely on their products to help us lose weight for portion control and they are not being truthful in their calculations...that is bullshiatttttttttttt.....
    denise