What the...........

Options
:angry: I don't know what's going on. Not a bean have it lost in 5 days. Iam well and truly cheesed off (half fat obviously). What's the motivation anyone else has when the scales are not on your side?

Replies

• wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. If you are eating fewer calories than you are burning, you will lose. I am a slow loser, so I know it's hard.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    >Joined Mar 2013
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It has only been five days, not sure what you're hoping for but this is supposed to be a lifestyle change. What's five days out of the rest of your life? Give it more time, try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. Stick to your calorie goal and the weight should come off.

My motivation is that I want to be healthy so knowing I'm eating right and exercising right is good enough for me. The scale is not the only indicator of health.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. If you are eating fewer calories than you are burning, you will lose. I am a slow loser, so I know it's hard.

This. Talk to us in 2 weeks. Then you might have a problem.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    it's been five days... give it time... like 8 weeks before you see steady results. be consistant and stick to it. Only weigh in once a week if the numbers are going to mess with your head. take your measurements so you have other measurable goals and can lose the number focus.

In the end, you can eat well, in healthy portions, a balanced diet...or... you can go back to eating like you did before. The only unchanging factor is, you will have to eat. What you choose is up to you.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of losing weight the second time. I gained almost 1/2 back due to no exercise and mindless eating. For the first three weeks I gained 3# an then lost that and now the scale is slowly moving. By slowly moving, I mean 9# in 5 weeks which actually is pretty good, averaging over 1 1/2 week. I notice my clothes getting bigger before the scale moving.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    :angry: I don't know what's going on. Not a bean have it lost in 5 days. Iam well and truly cheesed off (half fat obviously). What's the motivation anyone else has when the scales are not on your side?

Go by measurements not scale. The scale will lie. How your clothes feel and how you take measurements will give you a better feel
  • loup1981
    loup1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

I try and set goals for myself, which I turn to and try to focus on when weight loss has slowed. This last week the scales have been up and down, for who knows what reason and despite careful diet and lots of regular exercise.

I found that when I started using fitness pal and trying to increase exercise, it took some time before weight loss became a dependable result. After a break, I'm three weeks back at the gym, and I think its worth trying to reflect that it takes time for your body to become accumstomed to the changes, including gaining muscle - so that you begin to see the results of your cardiovascular output.

So when it comes to keeping motivation up, especially when trying to get into a routine change... I'd say list out some of the events you are looking forward to e.g. party, holiday, wedding, meeting up with friends you havent seen for a while... give yourself a 'countdown' to that event and think of that when you have a low point and results don't seem forthcoming. It will happen - trust your own ability to get results.

Good luck
    Lou
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It can be frustrating--stick with it and it WILL happen.

I get upset sometimes, because I can go weeks without losing, or I will lose and then gain back.

You really have to view something like weight loss as a long term thing. It's a long process, and I guess we have so many people doing dangerous, unhealthy things to lose weight, that we think it's supposed to be a short one.

It's not.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

5 days? No way
  • shellplen
    shellplen Posts: 31
    Options
    I know it's not going to melt away over night, I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago using fitness videos and running. Unfortunately I can't run cos of back pain. I think I'll dig out the dvd and lycra. Again. I'm waiting to pounce on the postie, cos I heard a lot about the 30 day shred and ordered a copy. I'll try and keep off the scales til next Monday. Thanks for the support, wish me luck.:flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

5 days? No way

this!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    lmao 5 days... now THAT is commitment
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    believe in this, doing it right will get results.
    5 days in isnt much at all!! But stick with it be 100% honest when logging food start moving and you'll get there.
    Its hard, some days are harder, but the weight will come off.
    Good luck with the 30DS, hope it doesnt falir up any back troubles!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I believe that slower is better when it comes to weight loss. You'll gain sometimes too along the way. Just keep as consistent as you can:)
  • shellplen
    Options
    lmao 5 days... now THAT is commitment
    thanks for that sarky
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to help, but your profile says "lose the burst couch look", and that is very funny.
  • shellplen
    Options
    I don't know how to help, but your profile says "lose the burst couch look", and that is very funny.
    I always said it was baby weight. Until my sister pointed out my youngest is almost eight!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind when starting 30 day shred, or any other exercise routine, that you will retain water at first for muscle repair. That will make your scale weight go up but it's not fat so don't let it discourage you.

In the grand scheme of things 5 days is a very short amount of time. Getting healthy isn't an event, it's a process. So expect to be doing this for a long time. Expect that you will have setbacks. Some weeks you won't lose. Some weeks you may show a gain. Like taunto said start taking measurements and paying attention to your clothes, and only use the scale to track trends over time.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If your scale is causing you to lose your motivation, then put it in the closet for a month. Log accurately and consistently in your diary between now and then. Maintain the right energy deficit by sticking to your calorie goal.

Weight loss happens over weeks and months, not days.

As per your question, I just keep remembering to look in the mirror every day. I find my motivation within. :flowerforyou: