Returning to MFP, with a BodyMedia armband

Options
Hi everyone! I used MFP for a few months in 2012, lost about 20 pounds. Took a break for awhile, I guess I got a little bummed out because I had a hip injury that had me inactive for a few months. I'm back in action though and I'm so excited! I decided to try the BodyMedia armband this time. I've only used it for 3 days now but so far I love it. I would love to add friends that use it! Or any friends who are like me... 45 yr old female, happily married with two kids, work full time, I LOVE to work out (but I also love to eat and drink, ooooops). Working on eating clean and working out vs. "dieting". Hoping to lose about 40lbs. Add me if you're in a similar boat!

Replies

• serenawilliams1
    serenawilliams1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just received my BodyMedia in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. (Still trying to figure it out.) I'll be 44 next month and need to loose about 60 lbs. At least, that's my goal. 3 kids, work full time but I'm single. I need to get healthy. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have to get it together for my kids sake. NO MORE COUCH POTATO! Hopefully, BodyMedia will help me stay on track.
  • candymara
    candymara Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Karen!
    I got my Bodymedia Fit (the one with Bluetooth?) exactly 7 days ago and I'm down 10.5 lbs already. I literally just did my weigh in moments ago and I was shocked! I forced myself to stay off the scale for a whole week to be sure I could really see some results. And wow.

It really helps to see the math and know it's accurate! As in, I can eat this much because this is REALLY how much I burned today and not just the internet randomly guessing how much I burned. And as long as I stay in that 1000 calorie deficit zone, I lose weight! For me the concept of accurate calories-burned tracking is essential because I am disabled and in a wheelchair so I am definitely more inactive than the average person since I sit on my *kitten* all day. And using MFP before, with it assuming I burnt x number of calories, I wasn't getting anywhere! Turns out it's because I really burn much less in a day than an average person unless its an overly active day so I was just simply eating too much to really lose anything.

It's the greatest little gadget I have ever bought and I've recommended it to everyone I know who is trying to manage their weight or just wants to accurately track their progress with their exercise.

Keep at it and wishing you all the best of luck and encouragment! If you follow it right, it's a surefire method to lose!

Candace
  • maybemarina
    maybemarina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen ! I got the BodyMedia Fit LINK last Thursday (3/14) and I am excited as well. I would love to have someone else using BM and MFP to share the experience with :)
  • coacherik
    coacherik Posts: 73
    Options
    I have had the body media armband for about 2 years. Never used it much until this february, now with it, MFP and the Shred Diet.. I am down 24lbs in 6 weeks. My favorite part of the armband is seeing my sleep cycle. Prior to losing weight, I was sleeping at 78-85% efficiency, now I am at 93-97%. I feel more rested.

Feel free to add me if you have any questions
  • camcd831
    camcd831 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a couple years also. I really like it. It encourages me to move more and meet or go over certain numbers,
    like steps for the day and minutes worked out.
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Feel free to add :)
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I've been thinking about switching from FitBit to BodyMedia... glad to have read all of your positive reviews this morning!! :happy:
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Body Media since 1/1/13. Helped me in dropping 56 pounds in 2.5 months. Pleased with product
  • serenawilliams1
    serenawilliams1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for almost two weeks. I love it and it works well with MFP. I'm down 4 lbs. I love that is gives me my deficit in real time. Yesterday, It was almost 8 pm when I realized my calories were way to high, so I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I would never have done that with the armband. It's like having a little extra nudge of encouragement every day. Please feel free to add me.

Serena
  • PulpB
    PulpB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just got my bodymedia link two days ago and I love it. Really hoping that this can help me on my journey to losing weight. I like the real time info it gives me, quite motivating.
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've had my BodyMedia Fit LINK for three weeks. I love it! It encourages me to workout so I can keep my 1000 calorie deficit. It also makes me want to exercise to reach a certain calorie burn and steps taken. Now if I don't make it to the gym and I don't reach my calories I do a workout dvd at home. Love it!!

Feel free to add me :)
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am considering buying it! Add me! I am 45, 4 kids, work full time and need to lose 50+ pounds. My goal is health and muscles, no longer a number on the scale!

For those who have had it awhile - Do you have to pay a monthly subscription? What if you stop the subscription? Will it work without it?
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit Core..I love it,it really is great to see how much you burn in a day.

I'm 45,married with two daughters,work part-time and I'm happily married!

Feel free to add me!;)
  • 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm getting mine today! It's on the UPS truck out for delivery. Yup I've been tracking it every hour. I'm so excited.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've had my Bodymedia Link for about a month now. I love it. I wouldn't say it's helped me lose more, but it has helped me over a plateau by knowing how much I'm burning and how much I can eat to stay at my proper deficit. I'm a data addict so I love it :D Feel free to add me, although I do have a bit more to lose than you do OP lol
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to pay a monthly subscription, but month to month it is only $6.95 and if you buy more months - like 6 months or a year at a time it is even less per month. It does not work without the subscription, but your health is worth the investment. BM is a great tool and as everyone has said it provides motivation to move more. Best tool I have ever bought!
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been using body media armband for 2 weeks now and love it! I realized I wasnt getting enough sleep!!! Because of how great it is, I bought a 2 year subscription. :) Great job on being so motivated. Your health is a good investment.
  • 82dB
    82dB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do they sell these in the UK?
  • tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi i havent lost any weight so far. but i am trying to excercise more and watch wat i eat.
    I am interested to in the bodymedia armband i saw that jillian michaels had a program with that to, so
    maybe in the future...

goodluck with your weightloss journey

regards joannf
  • sphommavanh
    Options
    Jillian michaels program does not link up app only body media subscription.