Advice

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
When i to the gym or swimming, my boyfriend gets the face on he doesnt like me going and it causes arguments. So how can i work out with out going to gym??? I find it hard to work out at home because when i get home i just want to chill out.... so what can i do??? does any1 have any ideas?

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Really? So if he didnt want you to go see your family would you not go? No offense but allowing him to have that kind of control over you is unhealthy. Have you ever asked him why he doesn't want you to go? If its a trust issue does he expect you to be locked up inside with no access to the world forever?
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't he want you to go to the gym?
  • FatLossChef
    FatLossChef Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    get a new boyfriend.

Gavin
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are going regardless.

You are his partner, not his pet. You can do as you please. For him to have the face on with you over you going to the gym or swimming is very juvenile. Don't let him tell you what to do, do what you want!

:flowerforyou:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Get a new sociopath.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the others. He doesn't own you, you do as you please. If he doesn't like it, show him the door. I see more serious issues in your future if he's like this about the gym. Take it from someone who spent years looking at the ground when walking out on the street for fear of being accused of "looking" at other men. Better to be alone than with someone who wants to control you. A partner should be supportive of your efforts. You do what you need to do for you. Whatever his issue, it's his issue, not yours.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    On your profile page you list FOR ME! as one of your reasons/inspirations. So go to the gym FOR YOU. A partner that does not support your goals is no partner at all. Sounds like he has a jealousy issue and you need a new man.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are going regardless.

You are his partner, not his pet. You can do as you please.

I agree with this, and not trying yo be funny, but unless you have one of those weird (to me) fetishes where he is your "master," then do what YOU want! If he cant support and trust you, then he's just pathetic!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Really? So if he didnt want you to go see your family would you not go? No offense but allowing him to have that kind of control over you is unhealthy. Have you ever asked him why he doesn't want you to go? If its a trust issue does he expect you to be locked up inside with no access to the world forever?

thinking the same thing!
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Taking care of yourself should never be a excuse for your boyfriend to pick an argument. Partners in life should never ever try to bring their partner down. He should support and encourage you to take care of yourself. If you choose to stay with him, show him what an independent woman you are and continue to go the gym and keep yourself in shape. Being able to do what is best for yourself will go a long way for you in the future. If he can not support you, I am sorry to say you are better off without him. If you are worried about being alone, trust me you will be better off without him in the long run.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend tells me he is proud of me for going to the gym! THAT is the kind of support you want, not someone that says you can't go or he will get all moody. Tell him to grow up, or get a new bf.

Live YOUR life, not his!
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I suggest you tell him this is how it is, and to stop the whining. If he will not change, trade up.